What do you ride??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah - I even like the high, upright ride. You see everything around you so well. It's smooth and powerful. I'm a bit height challenged (5'7) so it can be a wrestling match on the ground. Once we're running though it's heaven

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

2005 subaru sti.....it's not a bike. But it's fun to drive!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Formerly a 2010 Bonneville, now...

DSC_0048.jpg

Good to see some Ulysses love, great bike!

That picture with Erik, was it at homecoming?

My brother just picked up an 09 Uly. After riding mine so much he finally decided to get one for himself!

The picture of the RD 350 brought back memories. My Dad had one, it was an amazing machine!

That picture with Erik, was it at homecoming?

My brother just picked up an 09 Uly. After riding mine so much he finally decided to get one for himself!

The picture of the RD 350 brought back memories. My Dad had one, it was an amazing machine!

No it was a local open house, very interesting man. The RD is a fun little ride.

Shanks Mare for me.......... I gave up the donorcycles years ago, and after 2 years on horseback all day long every day, I don't ride those for "fun" anymore either.... only to do a job. To be fair, I was going to be an organ donor if I didn't quit the two wheelers........ It boiled down to a choice......motorcycles or life!

H.W.

No one like a quieter :mug:

78&77 KZ1000s 99 percent of my life has been on KZ's Z1's and RD 400's i love the RDs it would shock riders of much larger bikes. my starter bike was a KZ1000 you just have to show a bike like that respect. i cannot imagine how fast bikes in the 1000 cc sizes are like these days.

I met plenty of people that shouldn't be on two wheels or four for that matter. He realized this and is safer for it. Where I live you need to be crazy to ride, I've been riding since I was a little kid not about to give it up any time soon.

I joke. Nothing but respect for anyone that knows their limits n is responsible for their actions. Common sense is a good thing.

Not to mention I hate playing baby sitter for a grown man that tries to fit in n drinks to much then makes n ass out if himself.

Then I have to feed them more ****s of tequila until he passes out before dumping him on his doorstep for the wife to find. Lost a lot of friends that way lol

Now back to drinking

A message from God.

Don't smoke crack dumb ass

Then I have to feed them more ****s of tequila until he passes out before dumping him on his doorstep for the wife to find. Lost a lot of friends that way lol

If there is only one thing I learned from 50+ years of riding motorcycles it is this:

Stupid hurts.

Like you said,
now back to drinking.

Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 (that's the engine size, btw, not the model year - 2053 cc / 125 cu in) and a Suzuki RF900.

I have a Suzuki LS650 Bobber. No turn signals, gas gauge, speedometer, etc. It's basically frame, engine, seat, tank, wheels, brakes, head and tail lights.

She's currently non functional (electrical issue) after I had to lay the bike down a few months ago. Some ******* pulled out in front of me and then drove off. My buddy is coming over on Tuesday to see if we can get the bike fixed.

I think about bobbing mine or making it a cafe. I love my hooptie. It gets a lot of looks, or I do...big girl on a little bike. :ban:

I think about bobbing mine or making it a cafe. I love my hooptie. It gets a lot of looks, or I do...big girl on a little bike. :ban:

There's an outfit I think in Cali that makes a cafe kit for the Savage,although pricy but is very cool. always had a thing for thumpers.

There's an outfit I think in Cali that makes a cafe kit for the Savage,although pricy but is very cool. always had a thing for thumpers.

Yup! Huge following on that conversion too. They have a bob kit as well. It's more than I paid for the bike though. At that price, I can likely grab a beater cafe and restore it. I just love the look. I'd take that Yamaha off your hands as well. It's a beauty. If I had it my way, I'd have that, a Valkyrie (pre 2000) and a Bonnie in my garage. The Valkyrie for long distance rides. I want to pack a bag and ride around the US. A little Thelma and Louise without the car, without Louise, without the crime spree, and without riding off a cliff. So not really like that at all, I guess.

A three wheeler! Man, I haven't even seen one in years.

If I came across an S40 thumper for cheap, I'd snatch it up just for funsies.

I ride a '94 FZR600. I am trying to find time between work, family, and starting to brew to rebuild a '77 CB550four into a cafe machine.

So... are these a thing in the US? I live near Quebec, and French people seem obsessed with these. It's an effing snowmobile with wheels, but the guys that ride these things call them "motorcycles"... but they're just backwards tricycles.

2013-Can-Am-Spyder-Action-Yellow.jpg

I used to ride a FZR600, decent little bike. Sold it when I moved to the burbs - commuting on that thing was not fun :(

Fzr600-2.jpg

So... are these a thing in the US? I live near Quebec, and French people seem obsessed with these. It's an effing snowmobile with wheels, but the guys that ride these things call them "motorcycles"... but they're just backwards tricycles.

Yeah. When they first hit the market some buddies and I rented a couple. They were odd, I felt like a weirdo on it too and not sure why. They're interesting but I don't see myself owning one. I'd rather ride a trike.

Yeah, we have a few in our riding club. It seems to be the "motorcycle" (to use the term loosely) of choice for yuppie-types and older women who are too nervous about riding on two wheels (ime).

I think they are silly. I guess I'm being a bit of an elitist, but get a real damn motorcycle. I hate riding with them, because they take up almost as much lane-space as a car (and seem to have a similar turn radius), and the gas mileage is a joke. Went on a multi-day trip with a a few of these in our group, and we had to stop for gas for these guys CONSTANTLY. Meanwhile I still had over half a tank of gas by the time they were running on fumes.

$_35.JPG

I'm so gangsta.

Actually I have a 2002 Honda Shadow Spirit 750
LIKE-NEW-2002-Honda-Shadow-Spirit-750-very-low-miles-needs-nothing.jpg

Not a pic of my bike, but it looks just like it (except for the pipes). And judge if you will (the name makes it sound kinda girly), but it is my first bike and it is definitely treating me well for how little I spent on it. I will need to get something different if I decide to go on any long rides.

Actually I have a 2002 Honda Shadow Spirit 750

Not a pic of my bike, but it looks just like it. And judge if you will (the name makes it sound kinda girly), but it is my first bike and it is definitely treating me well for how little I spent on it. I will need to get something different if I decide to go on any long rides.

Nice. My first bike was a Shadow Aero 750. Basically the same, just slightly different furniture. I loved that damn bike.

Wish I had kept it, because lately SWMBO has expressed interest in learning how to ride, and the Shadows are a great compromise between "beginner-friendly" and "still big enough for a more advanced rider".

What do I ride? A buxom blonde. Sometimes she rides me. :D
Pictures or it didn't happen:D
Gotta love those apehangers!
Not
Yeah, we have a few in our riding club. It seems to be the "motorcycle" (to use the term loosely) of choice for yuppie-types and older women who are too nervous about riding on two wheels (ime).

I think they are silly. I guess I'm being a bit of an elitist, but get a real damn motorcycle. I hate riding with them, because they take up almost as much lane-space as a car (and seem to have a similar turn radius), and the gas mileage is a joke. Went on a multi-day trip with a a few of these in our group, and we had to stop for gas for these guys CONSTANTLY. Meanwhile I still had over half a tank of gas by the time they were running on fumes.
Harley trikes are even worse!

Nice. My first bike was a Shadow Aero 750. Basically the same, just slightly different furniture. I loved that damn bike.

Wish I had kept it, because lately SWMBO has expressed interest in learning how to ride, and the Shadows are a great compromise between "beginner-friendly" and "still big enough for a more advanced rider".

I agree. They are also big enough for "OH-S! that guy is trying to ram me!" while at speed on the roads. It makes for a great commuter bike as well until I figure out what I want next.

Latest posts

Back