What do you plan to drink new years?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have any homebrew ready so I will be sticking with beer from one of my favorite microbrews. We will have a porter, an amber, and a wiezenbock.

Probably nothing. I'll be attending a square dance (the first for my beginner wife) and one does not drink before or during a dance. Unlike free-style, even a little bit tipsy and you'll break-down the square. It isn't hard to do, but you have to be 100% alert.

Definitely an Infinium and a Duvel Tripel Hop.

Other commercial and homebrews as well, we have lots of both here.

HappyNewBeers.jpg

From R to L:
-Rogue- Imperial IPA
-Founder's- Breakfast stout
-Hinterland- Luna Coffee Stout
-Russian River- Pliny the Elder
-Rogue- Yellow Snow IPA
-DFH & Three Floyd's- Papa Skull
-SA- Infinium
-New Belgium- Tripple
-New Belgium/LoF- Eric's ale
-Young's- Double Chocolate Stout
-DFH- Chicory Stout
-DFH- World Wide Stout
-McRogue- Scottish Ale

(In the back a bottle of Pumpkin ale and a mulberry oatmeal stout.)

I also have my whiskey barrel IIPA on tap and my barley wine. Mom's home made apple pie shots and 12 year Jameson.

SWMBO will be getting home from work @ 12:00 noon and we will be having Pancakes,with local maple syrup, with sausage rope and the coffee/breakfast stouts. What is pictured above is only 1 of each of what I will be drinking. If we do venture out it will be for happy hour before the amateurs show up...

It goes without saying we will be using taxicabs for traveling. And yes, I am planning on being awake for the new year count down! That is a full 12 hour minimum of drinking...

Zamial, I like your style. I doubt I'll be breaking out that much of my "good stuff" (it stays in the closet during parties!) but I do have 4 taps on right now:
Empire Strikes Brau ESB
Fail Ale Pale
Dead By Dawn IPA
Yellow Fever Blonde

Should be nice to have ~20G (minus what I drank already...so maybe 2/3 that LOL) of my homebrew on tap. Maybe when I'm drunk I'll break out one of my fancy barleywines or something I've been camping on.

Bought some Harviestoun Ola Dubh aged in the 40 year whiskey barrels. Anyone ever try this stuff? I've had the stuffed aged in 8 or 12 year barrels or whatever the cheaper one is, and it was pretty good. Hoping it'll be twice as good for $17 a 12 oz bottle.

Bought some Harviestoun Ola Dubh aged in the 40 year whiskey barrels. Anyone ever try this stuff? I've had the stuffed aged in 8 or 12 year barrels or whatever the cheaper one is, and it was pretty good. Hoping it'll be twice as good for $17 a 12 oz bottle.

I have had it. I liked it. It is, as the name implies, "Black oil". It really does not compare to any other stout I have ever had but I would get it again if I found it.

I thought the Liq store was closed today.

Maybe in okieland, but not in CO!

Picked up:

North Coast RIS 4 pack
Lagunitas Brown Shugga single
Shadow Mountain Oatmeal Stout 6 pack
Fort Collins Brewing Common Ground 22oz
Twisted Pine Big Shot Espresso Stout 22oz
3 cans of Bing
3 bottles of Prosecco
3 Castle Rock Pinot Noir's

This is not all for tonight though.....we'll be in bed by 10, on amateur nights we normally stay in!

Be careful and drive safe, all.

Chris

I can finally answer this age old question. I wish I could drink my espresso yeti clone but its aging in secondary on bourbon soaked oak chips. Im at work... I called the local craft store.. they close at 5, i get out at 6. ut oh. They are 15 min away.... 30 min lunch.... i took off. I roamed around and realized that I could spend 20 min in there then i saw oak aged arrogant bastard at 18 bucks a 6 pack. I figured why not its new years eve. Champagne is alot more expensive! I grabbed that and a stone old guardian for a cool 7 bucks. so yeah... LONG story short i made it back 5 min late and my oaked AB is in my Jeep awaiting .... oh just waiting

I had some Samuel Adam's Infinium (seems to be a popular choice) and half a case of Fuller's 2005 Vintage Ale. Unfortunately, I have been sick since the day after Christmas, and last night was no exception. So I still have all of the above.

Here's to hoping I get to feeling human enough to hit the stash soon! :mug:

Happy New Year, to all!

I have my Aigi Dubbley aging right now and will be ready just in time for the end of Dec, I also have a bottle of my first Trappist bottle (11.5%) that is aging perfectly for NYE, so I'll have a great buzz from those 2 or 3 bottles.

Got a RIS that was aged on moonshined templeton rye soaked oak that should be ready by the new year.

I know two beers that will be had. One will be the Peanut Butter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout that was brewed last week, my girlfriends first ever brew day and should be ready to drink around Christmas.

The second will be Old Rasputin XV. On our first New Years Eve together last year I brought over the XIV for the special occasion and picked up the XV to celebrate this year. Seems like a good tradition to start.

Back