What do you guys think of this kegerator???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It uses a sanke keg, so I don't know how many corneys you'll fit in there should you decide to use them. Ah, single tap...... well if it all you can afford.
You'll want to upgrade later to at least 2 taps IMO, so will the fridge hold 2 kegs?
I bought mine complete for $600 at the time. Only had to sanatize, and had to fill my kegs and CO2 tank. DIY I can do but this was too good for me to pass up at the time given that parts around these parts are hard to come by and I had the cash at the time.
http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a357/nflder/?action=view&current=brewpicsjan08018.jpg

Four hundred bucks is not a bad price at all, IMHO. I guess it depends what shipping would be. And if that thing holds a Sankey keg I don't think you'll have any trouble fitting two cornies in there.

For 500 bux you can build something like this:

IMGP0029.jpg

It holds 6 kegs - 4 on tap and two, fully carbed in reserve. :ban:

-GL63

I agree with those so far, it doesn't look bad, but you are going to want more taps soon. My keezer holds six cornies, and I wish I had more room.

GrantLee63 said:
For 500 bux you can build something like this:

IMGP0029.jpg

It holds 6 kegs - 4 on tap and two, fully carbed in reserve. :ban:

-GL63

That is a thing of beauty. Not to knock it, but if you don't have the cash, patience is your next best asset. You can build one with very little if you just check out craigslist for a while. I think mine finished at around $100, which was mostly for the taps...

Brewing Clamper said:
That is a thing of beauty. Not to knock it, but if you don't have the cash, patience is your next best asset. You can build one with very little if you just check out craigslist for a while. I think mine finished at around $100, which was mostly for the taps...

do you know the cubic ft. and outside dimensions of that keezer?

Good idea on the freezer, that's what I just did:
IMG_0911.jpg

You'll be glad you have the extra taps. There's nothing worse than kicking a keg then having to wait for another to carbonate.

Nice, yep thats what I'm looking at doing.

Anyone ever try / consider painting the freezer black?. I've seen it done with a mini fridge and it came out nice than the basic white.

Back