What do you guys put your reg on?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creepersale

Reaction score
I have new regulator. But I've noticed if I put the pressure on 10 or so come back later and it's on like 16 ?? That was at room temp. Now I'm carbing a keg at 35 degrees. @ 20 psi for 2-3 days. I am wondering if 20 psi on reg. is 20 psi at 34 degrees ???

20 psi is 20psi. Temp has nothing to do with it. Turn down the reg before you get overcarbed beer.

Most here set the keg seal at 30 psi vent couple of times chill then set the reg to 10-12 psi for 2-3 weeks. If you left it at 20 then set the reg to 10 you still have around 20 psi or so depending on temp and absorption of CO2 into the beer You will need to vent the pressure out of the keg when turning the pressure down.

If your regulator is cold it will be inaccurate.

Disregard if your gas tank is outside your kegerator.

Nope. The diaphragm may respond a little slower, and the pressure in the tank will drop with temperature. But the regulator is still 100% accurate.

Latest posts

Back