What do you do when NOT brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjward101

Reaction score
I own a small hvac company outside of Philly, which keeps me pretty busy, and when not working, I spend as much timr as possible with my 3 daughters....

Im curious, what do all of you guys do with your non brewing real lives?

If you haven't guessed Revys' nonbrew time is spent linking threads to other past threads of the same topic!

:ban:

Amongst brewing I play ice hockey I go offshore fishing I work part time for the fla panthers and the building they are in wiling concert details. Entertaining my swmbo. And the reason I can do all of these things I design hair salons during the day! Sleep has been on the back burner since about 10 yrs ago too muc cool stuff to do!!

I'm a student, just finished a degree in forensic science and currently completing an environmental science honours degree with a focus on water quality. Other than studying and stressing out about that I try and spend as much time with my girlfriend of 3 years and with my mates. Brewing is my only hobby!

I'm a fisheries biologist.
I've been working, a lot.
I have an urban farm and ride motorcycles.
I have too many hobbies and not enough time.

Self employed machinist
Wife, two kids, two dogs
Two grandkids, one more on the way
Wannabe runner (damn knees!)

Work too much, don't get to play enough.

Working IT stuff for an insurance company and a volunteer fire fighter with two companies. Gotta stay busy somehow...

Jack of all trades Telecom guy pushing pencils around a desk for mortgage/health insurance by day.
Owner and slave laborer of startup brewhardware.com by night.
Father of three young ones and the wife gets the rest of my time.

Self employed machinist
Wife, two kids, two dogs
Two grandkids, one more on the way
Wannabe runner (damn knees!)

Work too much, don't get to play enough.

I didn't know there was another grandchild coming! Congrats!!!!!

I'm retired but working at my old job again part-time (long story) until January or so.

I fish, hunt, kayak, play hockey, go to my cottage, watch my grandson one day per week, hike, volunteer for an environmental group dealing with invasive plants, etc.

Oooh.. I'll play!

I'm an EMT-I, working towards getting my Medic license (and ASEMS degree). I "work" at a Fire/EMS department about half an hour from here (I say "work" because we get about 100 calls a year... and so far this year, only two of them have fallen on my shift)..

I run a few home-based businesses, as a mobile DJ as well as a "hard rocking blues band" and I do websites, mainly for friends and family... actually, I've been so busy making sites for everyone else that I haven't gotten around to making my business site yet.. lol

The SWMBO and I were talking last night over a few BMCs that we are going to expand the home-based stuff into a sort of "umbrella" entertainment business... we've got all the contacts and know-how to really start up something fairly big.. well, big for up here. :)

Other hobbies include tinkering in The Pub and trying to get the Northern Maine Home Brewers group off the ground. I hunt. We fish and go camping. We'll up and go to "vacation spots" on a whim, usually Machias, Acadia or Rockland.. mostly coastal areas in Maine. Oh.. and we roast our own coffee too.

In my spare time, I dick around as a solo acoustic act, work on writing songs for the upcoming DOUBLETAP CD that we're going to start recording in the fall, have fun with miscellaneous woodworking projects and house renovations. We're fairly active with our local Unitarian Church and volunteering time for benefits and fundraisers such as the "Red Ribbon Gala" HIV benefit, Relay for Life, and my band is proactively pursuing benefit gigs for Project Graduation and Bangor PRIDE.

About once a month, we throw a party in The Pub and have an all out fun-filled drunkfest. Our friends from Twenty2 vodka always attend and bring new infusions for us to sample. The evening always has live entertainment (usually me and my acoustic), but sometimes a karaokefest... it's good to be a DJ sometimes.. :)

So yeah, we work hard, we play hard and have a great balance in life.

Right now I'm supposed to be mowing the lawn, but I don't feel like it. ;-)

I teach nutrition to low income families during the day. Outside of work I have an 8 1/2 month old son and my boyfriends 8 yr. old son lives with us full time. Hobbies: photography, kayaking, cheese-making, I used to dance ballet on pointe, gardening, and tackling any little project that comes up living in a 94 yr. old house. We are science junkies so there is a constant battle in the house between how it's made, any show on the universe, and icarly. Somehow icarly wins more than the others... Might be the influence of the 8 yr old....

During the day: IT grunt that builds web applications.

At night: (besides homebrewing) Coach/play on a local mens modified softball team, gardening and spending time with my soon-to-be 2 year old son (birthday in July) and SWMBO. Other occasional activities include kayaking, soccer, camping and hiking.

Advertising Designer, Part-Time College Professor, Event Photographer, Improv Comedian.

I'm a mechanical engineer for an aerospace company by day.

On evenings and weekends (when not brewing), I play hockey (goalie), ride my motorcycle, play guitar, lift weights, shoot my guns, hunt, camp, hike, and of course I drink my homebrew with friends and my wife. I don't know if this counts as a hobby, but I find myself plugging into my PS3 more and more often.

Of all the things that I do while not brewing, though, I enjoy having some beers with friends the most. There's not a whole lot out there that beats that as far as time passers. It's usually a several hour long conversation about beer and brewing - what's better than that?

TB

^^^^
Wow! I had to post since the previous poster could almost be my twin from bizzaro world. I'm a mechanical engineer for the D.O.D and work at a facility that builds military aircraft. I play rugby rather than hockey, ride and build motorcycles (mostly for fun but I do help my buddy with his part-time bike building business), *used to play guitar*, lift weights and run daily, shoot guns, and camp, but I don't hunt or hike anymore (I grew up in the mountains in southern Utah and got a little burnt out on it). Brewing is the hobby that I spend the most time thinking about though, to my wife's and my checking account's chagrin. :mug:

Environmental/sustainability consultant for work. Hobbies are the reason to work though: work on house, play guitar, cook, drink beer, photography, and gardening.

^^^^
Wow! I had to post since the previous poster could almost be my twin from bizzaro world. I'm a mechanical engineer for the D.O.D and work at a facility that builds military aircraft. I play rugby rather than hockey, ride and build motorcycles (mostly for fun but I do help my buddy with his part-time bike building business), *used to play guitar*, lift weights and run daily, shoot guns, and camp, but I don't hunt or hike anymore (I grew up in the mountains in southern Utah and got a little burnt out on it). Brewing is the hobby that I spend the most time thinking about though, to my wife's and my checking account's chagrin. :mug:

Wow, small world, huh? Sounds like a good life! :mug:

Environmental/sustainability consultant for work. Hobbies are the reason to work though: work on house, play guitar, cook, drink beer, photography, and gardening.

Weird, I think you and I may work together.

I do corporate finance for one of the large financial institutions, and have two little ones.

Back