What do make with spare hops and grains?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golfgod04

Reaction score
I am a partial mash brewer and while I know I do not have enough grains for any style of beer. I was wondering if you could help me decide to make with my spare hops and grains. I know I need to get more pale malt and extracts but this would save me some.

Hops:
Hallertau 1.5oz
Willamette 2oz
UK Goldings 2oz
Cascade 1oz
Centennial 3oz
Warrior 0.5oz
Palisade 0.5oz
Liberty 3oz
LemonDrop 1oz
ADHA 529 1oz

Grains:
1lb Golden Promise pale Malt
1lb Flaked Wheat
8 ounces Kiln Amber Malt
8 ounces Crystal 15
8 ounces Crystal 30
1lb Crystal 40
8 ounces Crystal 75
4 ounces Chocolate Malt
8 ounces Vienna Malt

you could make a lot fo stuff from it, providing you get some more base malt. Assuming a 5gal batch, here are a few of my ideas:

- IPA, using the centennial cascade and lemondrop, warrior for bittering. The vienna and flaked what along with crystal is you really want

- Brown ale, using wilamette and/or liberty. Chocolate malt, kiln amber and some crystal. you could make a porter with a bit more chocolate

- ESB with the kiln amber and a bit more crystal. Use UK goldings with a bit of something else for bittering

you could make a lot fo stuff from it, providing you get some more base malt. Assuming a 5gal batch, here are a few of my ideas:

- IPA, using the centennial cascade and lemondrop, warrior for bittering. The vienna and flaked what along with crystal is you really want

- Brown ale, using wilamette and/or liberty. Chocolate malt, kiln amber and some crystal. you could make a porter with a bit more chocolate

- ESB with the kiln amber and a bit more crystal. Use UK goldings with a bit of something else for bittering

thanks for the suggestions, I've never drank or brewed an ESB before

You could make an amber/red ale with the pale, Vienna, crystal and a touch of chocolate. Plus cascade and centennial.

Back