What do i need ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmharris

Reaction score
Hello all. I was thinking about upgrading to Better Bottles and was wondering what is a suggested setup to do everything (fermenting, racking, bottling) for someone who wanted to make 2 batches at a time? (ie.... which sizes should i get for a standard batch, how many of each, any tap accessories?)

Thanks in advance

Just buy one 6 gallon better bottle for each fermenting bucket you plan on replacing. I don't see much sense in getting a ported one either. Continue using a bottling bucket for your bottling tasks.

i prefer to have more fermenters than i actually need, just in case. if you want to have two beers going at the same time, get three better bottles. who knows, they may be aging and you get the wild hair to brew again :D

i prefer to have more fermenters than i actually need, just in case. if you want to have two beers going at the same time, get three better bottles. who knows, they may be aging and you get the wild hair to brew again :D

Ha ha, I was going to suggest he buy double what he "thinks" he needs. :D

i was looking at some of my 'retired' glass carboys the other day, and though to myself, "well, even though i don't like cleaning or moving them around, a nice aged.... " AND SUDDENLY THEY WERE FULL OF FERMENTING MEAD! :D It's like effing tribbles.

Back