What do I do with my tower???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ill.literate

Reaction score
First off, been a long time since I've posted here. So hello :)

So I've been building a keezer for the past month or more now. My plan is for it to be a coffin keezer. I bought the freezer used, and it included two 5# CO2 bottles, a regulator, a two-tap chrome tower, a single tap tower and a analog temp controller.

As an aside, when I went to look at it I told the lady I JUST wanted the hardware, and not the freezer. She insisted I take it all. I hemmed and hawwed until I got there and opened the freezer to find a freaking brand new plastic conical fermenter. Needless to say I took it all and ran with it.

Anywho, I've framed it, clad it in old barnboards and topped it with a vintage, rusted ceiling tin tile.

I'm getting antsy, and there's a hole already in the freezer from the previous owner, so I'm thinking I'll just put the two tap tower up for now, which gives me time to really think out what I want in terms of a coffin, or possibly something else.

But the tower, as mentioned, is chrome, and I'm thinking it'll look strange against the rustic rest of the keezer.

Would it make sense to sand and paint the chrome to get the look I want, or just roll with it for now?

Would love to hear opinions.

Picture is in its current state.

20160221_1223512-66944.jpg

If you're actually going to write the tower off at some point, paint it flat black (NOT the faucets and shanks, though!) and use it for now.
It'll look great.

Cheers!

If you're actually going to write the tower off at some point, paint it flat black (NOT the faucets and shanks, though!) and use it for now.
It'll look great.

Cheers!

Thinking that too ... Gonna think on it over the weekend.

I'll post a full build thread when it's done

Latest posts

Back