What do I brew next?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maltyman

Reaction score
Votes for what 2 beers I brew next.

I have an APA on draft, a wheat on deck and a red IIPA about 2 weeks away from being on deck.

I can ferment at 68,69 at the moment...I plan to get a lager cooler in next 2 months but ales for now. I sold my old house and gave my lager cooler to a brewing friend b/c it was cheaper to buy a new one then move my old one across the country.

I am considering-

1. Robust Porter
2. Russian Imperial Stout
3. Blonde
4. ESB
5. Crazy ass Double Bock brewed with Scottish Ale Yeast that I have brewed with success in the past a couple times...Neither beer really but deliously malty.
6. Or something else.

I am taking a few days off next week to catch my breath and plan to enjoy that with 2 beer brewing sessions and a mead. I am at a quandary as to what beer to brew next though. I seem to change my mind daily. So you decide.

:ban:

I'm partial to ESB, especially since I'm drinking one that really didn't turn out quite right and I want to brew again. ESB is my nemesis- it's never really perfect.

Have my double bock and milk stout ingredients now. Will brew those this weekend/next week while I am off. Thanks for weighing in!

I will vote for the ESB and RIS

ESB's are one of my favorite styels and I think a great session beer that you can enjoy a number of glasses without feeling like you are about to drop.

And depending on how big you go on the RIS it could be done in time to get you through the winter since down here in GA it does not really get cold till December these days.

My vote is for the blonde and ESB.

Session beers are nice in the hot GA weather you'll have around the time they are ready. I'd save the RIS and the #5 DoppelScot (which I will henceforth refer to this awesome idea as), so that they are ready for Halloween or Turkey Day.

Love the name Doppelscot! I laughed so loud my wife came in to ask what was so funny....heading off to change the name in beersmith. I keep thinking -

I might have to add a 3rd beer to the brewcation next week. ESB is where I am headed right now. The 2 big beers are planned to bulk age until the cooler months come in.

So made the most of my brewcation. I made lederhosen festooned with a kilt..."Dopplescott," the Double Deception stout and the recommended ESB. Thanks again everyone. Once I free up a carboy or two, I will likely do a SMaSH something.

Back