What did you submit to the National Homebrew Competiton?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chemman14

Reaction score
Was curious what people submitted to the NHC this year?
I submitted a beer for the first time, an American Barleywine.

I was going to enter a bunch until I saw it was $14 per entry. Forget that. Next year I'll probably enter some, assuming I have more money then.

I was going to enter a bunch until I saw it was $14 per entry. Forget that. Next year I'll probably enter some, assuming I have more money then.

You can join AHA and pay only $9. The entry fee isnt too bad for what you get, shipping is one that hurts.

Cheaper for us here in Canada with IIRC $5 per entry.
I sent in an APA, Helles and a Vienna.

Not really, you haven't entered the NHC yet. If you qualify you still have to pay the full fee on top of the $5 to enter the qualifier.

You can join AHA and pay only $9. The entry fee isnt too bad for what you get, shipping is one that hurts.

I shipped some club entries too but at $9 an entry, entry fees were about 8x shipping costs. Assuming that around a third of those move on and adding second round shipping you get to maybe 5x.

I got the $9 entry fee and since the brewery that is a collection point our here is only 15 miles away I just drove them up there.

Only had two beers ready - One Belgian and one Amber Ale

Back