What did you find under your tree?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A shirt and a piece of ass, they were both too big.

I shot beer out my nose on this one. Well played sir!

I got a few craft beers, a bottle of legally made corn liquor, one of those Japanese mandolins for cooking,, and some cash for buying some sacks of grain.

Shirts, pants, shorts, socks. French press coffee pot and a milk foaming device. Spice mincer, noodle maker, and fresh spice keeper. Set of six different beer glasses, a sixer of a nice Scottish ale, and a 4 pack of Duvel. A brand new leather office chair. Golf balls and tees.

I'm sure I'm missing a few items... but it was a good haul. I was a good boy in 2013.

Between the wife and parents I got upgraded to a grown-up 5 gallon set up from my current 1 gallon equipment:

6.5 gallon carboy (already churning with an SNPA clone)
Beer thief
Full size auto siphon
In print and updated Complete Joy of Homebrewing
Bottling bucket
$25 gift certificate to my LHBS

I'm slowly building up my gear for 5 gallon all grain batches, I buy one new piece of equipment with each months paycheck. My parents found a 50 foot, half inch wort chiller kit for under $70. All I have to do is bend it and put it together! They needed my help finding what I needed, so I knew what I was getting, but they bought the biggest longest chiller kit possible, this think should easily last me into 10 gallon batches! So pumped!

I also got 2 pint glasses with a custom logo indicating they belong to my bar and taproom! I got a big poster that looks like the periodic table of elements that sorts out different beer styles by style, body, etc. Lots of useful info. I got a dart board in a cabinet to hang in my man cave, and lastly a home brewers journal with all the spots for me to fill out each brew!

I had a few hours today to bend up my new wort chiller from Copper Tubing Sales. I got the 50 foot by 1/2 inch kit and coiled it around my keg. The pot is next to it for size. I used some copper wire from residential electrical Romex and weaved it around the coils in 3 spots to help support it. It was 'slinkying' every time I lifted it, so I can only imagine it's weight when filled with water. Weaving the wire really helped to make it solid.

photo-61687.jpg

It went pretty well, I did get 1 kink and decided to stop playing with it :(.

My first kit and bottles. Its a little one gallon set up and sadly the flip tops for the bottles are on back order…..
:(

4 stout mugs, gift card to LHBS, a cookbook focused on cooking with beer, and a brewing themed t shirt. Oh, and the periodic table of beer styles framed up nicely.

3 kegs, grain mill, thermapen, kettle sight glass, brewing classic styles, designing great beers, 6 pack of cool bottles, and a spare propane tank. This Christmas rocked!

Made a really awesome haul this year, i started witha Mr. beer kit last year and i guess i impressed the SWMBO enough....:D heres the haul:
Brewer's Best 1 Gallon equipment kit
Brooklyn Brew Shop Beer Making Mix, Bruxelles Blonde
Brooklyn Brew Shop Beer Making Mix, Grapefruit Honey Ale
Brooklyn Brew Shop Beer Making Mix, Chocolate Maple Porter
Brooklyn Brew Shop Beer Making Mix, Everyday IPA
Final Touch Quarter Yard Glass with Stand
Mini Auto Siphon With 6 Feet of Tubing
Secondary 1 Gallon Glass Wine Fermenter
STAR-SAN 8oz
Red Baron Bottle Capper
U.S. Flag Caps 144 ct.
now it looks like i have to come up with bottle on my own.:D only bad part about this is i still have about 5 months before i even get to brew with this set up.:(

Chugger pump
False bottom
All the hardware to upgrade my mash tun from 3/8 brass to 1/2 stainless
Camlocks and QDs
Thermoworks thermometer
Brewing Better Beer
Foodsaver
$110 lhbs gift certificate

One of my wife's gifts was a starter set for beekeeping. I'm almost as excited about that haha

For the month of November I was told by the SWMBO that a Top Tier was a distinct possibility....two weeks before Christmas she got sticker shock..I don't think she understood how much those things really are...
So from her I got a new maple mash paddle from Abbey Cat.
From the mom I got a wine whip to aerate my smaller beers (I'll break out the O2 and stone for big beers), a brew belt, a couple of Kolsch glasses(guess what I'll be brewing next), and a bottle of Punishment, which will probably be tasted and then made into chili.
NOW for myself I picked up a whirlpool bulkead, upgraded all my ball valves to SS, added camlocks to all my valves and pumps, and a sight glass to my MLT, and BK...oh an a dual pressure regulator from Tapright....next is a new hydrometer as I just broke my last one brewing a pilot batch of APA...I think in 6 years I've gone through ten hydrometers...gonna have to start buying in bulk.

I got 2 boxes of different beer glasses, wort chiller, several different bottle openers, food scale, stir bar and flask, and a 175$ gift card for the LHBS (thinking 15gal kettle with ball lock)

Yep! Got a scale with resolution down to 0.1 g and a Northern Brewer gift cert, which works out really well because I also received an AHA 1-year membership, and that gets me a discount at Northern Brewer, so I'm going to put those together and get a false bottom.

My birthday is a couple days before Christmas, and I was given a pH meter which I put to good use on last weekend's brewday (hit a perfect 5.3 mash pH!)

Merry Christmas HBT'ers!

AND a counterpressure filler!

I got a 500ml graduated cylinder that is much to big for homebrewing. Took it too the neighborhood brewery and gave it to the brewmaster in exchange for several beers.

A 10 gal Aluminium pot and 10 gal Coleman Xtreme cooler to make a mash tun. Its a start in the right direction!

I got an Irish Red Ale package (malted barley, grains, grain bag and hops), and a beer brite filter kit. I picked up a dual stage controller as a gift to myself, along with a very nice thermowell. Had a nice brew day yesterday here near Philly. Mid 50's with sunshine. All went well. I was able to quickly cool 5+ gallons of wort with my 50' immersion chiller.

Adding Hops to Beer.jpg

immersion chiller.jpg

Matching set of customized 16 oz beer glasses and pitcher, and a photo album of hundreds of pics of our son we lost this past October... I hope next year is easier.

Thought I'd share something nice I got this year fifty fifty stainless growler, used it a couple times now and really holds the cold in well. Widemouth is nice as well.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Home Brew mobile app

1388366854501.jpg got this fancy new burner used it for the first time today absolutely love it. Now if I could only figure out how to post right side up photos on here from my smart phone would really make it awesome.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Home Brew mobile app

View attachment 168876 got this fancy new burner used it for the first time today absolutely love it. Now if I could only figure out how to post right side up photos on here from my smart phone would really make it awesome.

That's pretty

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Home Brew mobile app

Ok its awesome it must auto rotate compared to the preview rockin

Lets see... 62 quart Bayou kettle with steamer basket, 4500W Camco ripple element with 30A locking plug, four of the DFH and SN collaboration IPA glasses, Michigan's Best Beer Guide by Kevin Revolinski and a tin Jim Beam Black Label sign. Oh and my dad and I went on a 6 brewery tasting trip a couple days later

Went on a gift card redeeming bonanza tonight at Northern Brewer's Milwaukee store: A 12" false bottom, a Johnson Controls A419, a fermentation heater, and a few random fittings and parts. Sweet!

Back