What did you bottle / Keg today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did this last Saturday, but since I just found this thread.....

My attempt to clone a Southern Tier Choklat. Bottled it so that I can age it without using up a keg and I can enter it in a contest in August.

I was gonna bottle a single malt that has been in primary for 2 weeks now. BUT... rather than bottle I have decided to add fruit - PEACHES - and let it rest another 4-5 days to add a little flavor :)

Let's hope it turns out good.

Bottled a batch of white wheat ale OG1052; FG1010. At bottling, it tasted very good (had to sample what was used to float the hydrometer) :)

Bottled two yesterday:

Blueberry Ale - Used White Labs Clarity Ferm at the start of fermentation for gluten reduction. Sat on blueberries for 19 days, but still had to add blueberry flavor at bottling. Anxious to try this...first attempt at fruit beer.

Roasty Irish Red - tastes good, but too dark/roasty for style. Need to reduce roasted barley from 4oz if I try it again.

Kegged an American Wheat & Rye. 50% 2-row, 25% Wheat, 25% Rye, 30 IBUs of Citra. OG 1.064, FG 1.012.

I think it's gonna turn out great, even though I had a hell of a time sparging with all that wheat and rye.

homebrewedipa said:
Kegged an American Wheat & Rye. 50% 2-row, 25% Wheat, 25% Rye, 30 IBUs of Citra. OG 1.064, FG 1.012.

I think it's gonna turn out great, even though I had a hell of a time sparging with all that wheat and rye.

Can you PM details on this ... Sounds great!

Didn't bottle but I did brew a Belgian Trippel with an OG 1.081. Plus I racked a peach beer into tertiary for a 3 week brightening AND racked each of the 3 gallons of Mead on their way to bottling.

Bottled and kegged an IPA with Rye last night.

And transferred a pilsner to secondary.

Today is yeast harvest day :D

Did not bottle, but did transfer 2 batches from Primary to secondary to free up a few primaries :)

Kegged a Belgian Golden ale just brewed with pilsner, sugar, and Saaz, and an English Bitter. Bottled a sorachi ace hopped saisonish/belgian IPAish ale (not at all like Brooklyn's).

Bottle an extract kit IPA. My first ever brew. I used mostly 22 oz. bombers that used to be Hop Rod Rye.

Kegged the Surly Bender kit that Northern brewer sells. Not sure if it tastes like the beer from the Surly brewery, but the one I made tastes amazing. I highly recommend it. Brewing the Surly Cynic this week.

Back