What craft brew are you drinking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today im starting off on a New Belgium kick..first off is Snapshot..a wheat beer..5% kinda week..but it does finish with a nice green apple flavor..
Second I got a 4 pack of Dogfish head 90 minute IPA. damn im hammered now..and that bitter malty slightly citrus flavor with a hint of pine was nice. .well folks..what r u guys all drinking...CHEERS!!!

New Belgium has pissed me off recently. Fat Tire rocked five years ago, everything they tried to reinvent after that sucked.

Had a Deschutes Hop In The Dark while brewing. IMO, it's the best black IPA out there.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Scotch ale from Madison River Brewing. Served too cold, flavorless, low in alcohol. My English mild has more flavor and alcohol at 4%.

Good People IPA. Brewery is out of Birmingham, AL. It's my staple. Whenever you open my fridge, you'll see GPIPA.

Today is my homebrew day..gonna pound a few irish amber ales..been in the bottle now four about 6 weeks..this is gonna be great..my first batch is now done! Cheers!

Ok..so my wife knew I was looking for a nice stout or porter to clone..so she went to my local establishment of craft brew heaven and I have several beers to try..I started out with southern their 2x stout..now im drinking Brooklyn brewery black chocolate stout..I Did see a dogfish head Midas touch in there..and a bomber of yeti chocolate too..

Just made it down to mass from Maine and picked up some stuff I can't get here. Jacks abbey, i got a lager wine (14% lager aged in barrels of some sort) and some kind of imperial berliner Weiss aged in some sort of barrels with cherrys. Already drank that. Also a 6-pack of ithica flower power and a boulevard saison brett. Interested in drinking the latter to compare it to my two brett saisons I brewed in January.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Deschutes Red Chair. Damn fine pale ale and, yup, it's got a reddish tint. Not sure if Deschutes makes a bad beer. I 2nd the previous comment about Hop in the Dark.

My clone if Hop Stoopid ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406326537.659304.jpg

Old Chub Nitro. Absolutely delicious.

I bought a 4 pack of this back in May when I was in Denver. I've only had one. Not because I don't like it. Because it's so f****n good I feel like I need to save the rest for a special occasion. Still not sure what that special occasion is...

Sixpoint Resin. % 9.1 abv.
103 ibu.9.5 srm ale..whoa..my pallet just got lit up..good stuff

Ok this weekend is starting off with some of my go to ipa..first up Thirsty Dog Brewery. .Citra Dog...damn its a good Ipa...and m gonna follow it up with a seira Nevada ipa..then time to experiment with some different stuff..

5K Brewing Chincade IPA 5K Brewing Chincade IPA. My first taste notes:

Gawwwwdammnn!!! That's good beer. I can taste pink grapefruit, oranges and mango. It is light on the tongue and exotic tasting. The 7.7% ABV is like a sledgehammer but you get no alcohol taste or burn. Wow! I am loopy after 2 beers. Color looks right - typical IPA. It is definitely cloudy just like every other beer I have made with 50% Maris Otter - but it tastes clean. Bitterness is smoooootthhhh. I don't know what is is about making a first-wort bittering addition, but it sure makes a smooth tasting beer. Malt sweetness and bitterness seem perfectly balanced.
I aged this beer 5 weeks after dry hopping. This is my typical aging for beer, but the bitterness is so smooth and the flavor and aroma was so bright, I think I could have cut the time in secondary and keg to 3 weeks. Carbonation is a little weak. I did my typical 30 PSI for 3 days and it probably should have been on the pressure a day longer. Still, it will be fine a couple of days from now in the kegerator.

Vander Mill cinnamon pecan hard cider. Moving on to Epic Brewings Brainless on Peaches Belgian style ale..

Started the day off with Three Floyd's Zombie Dust. Excellent beer all Citra Pale Ale (IPA) so good. Next went to Off Color Brewing's Troublesome, which was a great summer sipper, it's a wheat ale that's blended with a little lacto to give it just a hint of sour. Mmmmmmm

While on vacation the family and I made detours to two breweries whose beers we can't get a home. Purchased a case from each. Bell's Two Hearted and Ithaca Flower Power are what I've been rationing. Both awesome brews. Not the first time I've had them, but well worth it.

Back