What countries have you had a beer from?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Padstack31

Reaction score
So a co-worker of mine just returned from Aruba and brought me back one of there beers.

The brand is called Balashi and it's a Pilsener that is "Brewed with Aruba's pristine Water..." I can't wait to try it.

Got me thinking about the random countries I have had beers froms, like Japan, Morroco, etc...

What random countries have you sampled beers from? Where they any good?

Japan, Singapore, India, Thailand, Canada, Mexico, Australia, Belgium, UK, Scotland, France, Norway, Sweden, Eritrea, Ethopia, Laos, China, Germany, Poland...

I know there's more. I just got bored typing. :)

England, Scotland, Ireland, US, Canada, Mexico, Netherlands, Japan, Australia, Germany...

How many of them were good?
England, Scotland, Ireland, US, Germany...

America, Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, Japan, Thailand, Cambodia, Australia, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Netherlands, Scotland, England, Ireland, France, Norway, Sweden, Poland, Greece, Turkey, Israel, Morocco, South Africa, Namibia, Kenya

That's off the top of my head.

The brand is called Balashi and it's a Pilsener that is "Brewed with Aruba's pristine Water..." I can't wait to try it.

Yuck! Sorry...I went to Aruba two years ago and stayed at one of those all-inclusives. The only beer on tap they had was Balashi. It was very bad IMO. I switched over to mixed drinks.

Maybe they just had a bad keg? Maybe out of a bottle it'll be better?

everywhere. i've had some good beers from poland, thailand, etc. that really surprised me. some of my favorite beers are the mexican brews that taste like malty german lagers. i have yet to try a good italian beer.

every time i go to whole foods or some of the other choice locations, i always go for beers/countries i've never tried before. it's almost time to make a run!

Really, I was thinking it might be pretty gross...Sounds like I might just want to keep it sealed up rather then try it...cool item for my desk

Malaysia, Japan, Singapore, India, Thailand, Canada, Mexico, Australia, Belgium, UK, Scotland, France, Norway, Sweden, China, Germany, Poland, Austria, Switzerland, Korea, New Zealand, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Czech Republic, Hungary, Lichtenstein, Italy, Hong Kong, Ireland, Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Holland, Luxembourg, & Philippines.

Canada, Mexico, USA, Costa Rica, Jamacia, Egland, Scottland, Ireland, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, Holland, Czech rep, Finland, India, china, Japan, Italy...

Canada,
United States,
Mexico,
UK,
Ireland,
Spain,
France,
Belgium, :rockin:
Netherlands,
Germany,
Italy,
Switzerland,
Czech Republic,
Poland,
Turkey,
Israel,
India,
China,
Japan,
Korea,
Malaysia,
Thailand,
Vietnam,
Singapore

Wait, do you mean beers that were brewed in another country or drank in another country.

From: Too many to list. Any package store worth it's license for beer is going to carry stuff from all over the world.

In: Malaysia and Singapore

Drank in another country gets me Portugal, Spain, Germany, Holland, Belgium, and Oh, Canada.

I've got some Argentinian, Portuguese, Brazilian, German, Belgian, Canadian, Indian, and Singaporian in my fridge right now.

Yuck! Sorry...I went to Aruba two years ago and stayed at one of those all-inclusives. The only beer on tap they had was Balashi. It was very bad IMO. I switched over to mixed drinks.

Maybe they just had a bad keg? Maybe out of a bottle it'll be better?

All of the beers made in the Caribbean islands that I have had are mediocre at best. Almost all of them are a generic pilsener style that you would never drink given the option of something else. Balashi and Carib are the ones that pop immediately to mind. Did you realize that the Heineken and Guinness you get in the islands are also contract brewed in the region? Food for thought.

...Did you realize that the Heineken and Guinness you get in the islands are also contract brewed in the region? Food for thought.

And especially in the example of Guiness are usually formulated to local taste hence, Foreign Extra Stout and the Island (?) Sweet Stout.

US, Canada, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Germany, Belgium, Holland, Checzh Republic, Russia, Ukraine, Denmark, China, Japan, Thailand, Australia, Ireland, and some others i dont remember.

It seems that I am the only one that tried Russian / Ukranian beers. I didnt see anyone else list these countries.

Russian - Лидер российского рынка пива - ОАО Пивоваренная компания Балтика
Ukranian - Êîìïàí³ÿ ÎÁÎËÎÍÜ â Óêðà¿í³

England, Ireland, US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, Czech Republic, Poland, Russia, Japan, India, Australia...and I think 1 or two more I can't remember.

The Russian beer I had was called Belui Medvedb, and hands down tasted like liquid trash. Absolutely horrible filth.

Drank their beer in their Country: Canada, Mexico, China, Singapore, Thailand, Australia, Tonga.

Ikale,the Tonga beer, was just gross.

US (CO, DE, MA & more), Canada (BC & QC only), Belgium, France, Germany, Danemark, England, Scotland, Austria, Czech Repuplic, Portugal, Ireland, Sri Lanka, Dominican Republic, Netherlands, Lebanon, Mexico

The Lebanon one was a non-alcoholic beer, and by that I mean it's suitable for muslims; 0.00% ABV. I was so disgusting that I almost puked.

I went to a brewhouse in Mexico one time and they had one of the best tasting stouts I've ever tasted (granted I haven't tasted that many different stouts).

I've had beer from: US, Canadia, Mexico, Belgium, UK, Australia, China, Thailand, Jamaica, and Philippines. There may be a couple of other countries from my college days.

Just off the top of my head:

Australia
Austria *
Bahamas (Nassau * and Freeport *)
Belgium *
Brazil
Canada *
Chile
China
Czechoslovakia * (and the Czech Republic *)
Denmark
France *
Germany *
Great Britain *
Greece mainland * (and Crete) *
Hungary
Jamaica *
Japan
Kenya
Korea *
Kosovo *
Italy *
Ireland *
Lichtenstein *
Luxembourg *
Macedonia *
Malta *
Mexico *
(The) Netherlands (Holland to most of you) *
New Zealand
Norway *
Panama
Philipines
Poland *
Portugal
Scotland
Singapore
Spain, mainland * (Canary Islands * and Baleric Ilands *)
Sweden
Switzerland *
Thailand
Turkey *
US *
USSR
West Indies
Yugoslavia (Serbia *)

(*) Countries I've actually visited and drank there...

Did you realize that the Heineken and Guinness you get in the islands are also contract brewed in the region? Food for thought.

Good to know, thanks! Seriously, only tap they had was Balashi throuhgout the whole inclusive (3 different bars)!

homebrewer_99 -> Holy Cow, I can't even remember all the countries I have been to, let alone what beers from where!

I tried a "don't know what to call it" brew the the Massia drink.Made from milk and fermented with something chewed by the women and spat in the milk.

Most unusual would be Pakistan I guess. Absolutely filthy and you had to get some kind of permit from a judge so you could buy the stuff.

Generally, I stick to Belgian beer these days.

Back