What could go wrong????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EricT

Reaction score
This is my current set up. Thinking I might get something more.... whats the word......Ahh yes, Stable! LOL :drunk:

DSCN2271.jpg

Ha, thanks for the inputs. I'll see what I can come up with. Now where did I put my fuzzy Dice??

Cylindrical cooler looks a little bit precariously perched atop the table-table-table structure. But hey, I carry a 3/4 full 8 gal kettle from stove (inside) to propane burner (outside) at mash temps every brew so it's not like I have room to talk. One of these days...

You don't need that extra step stool under the HLT. The only way maintaining a siphon would be an issues is if you had the grain all the way to the top of that rectangle MLT, which doesn't seem possible considering the size of your HLT (you'd never have enough room for the amount of strike water you'd need if you filled the MLT all the way up)...

Oh, and I think you should put it up on 4 skateboards for moving it around...

Yikes. I end up lifting practically everything at least once, but would that table set up even hold said parts after water is added?

PS: Go Blue Rhino LP. Dirt cheap exchanges.

I'm shocked that the card table will hold the weight of the HLT and MLT when they're full.

As precariously put together this was I ended up with 79% efficiency that day. Also, ona side note, I was heating my strikewater with the lid on :) I usually get my propane filled at a gas station, I dont like the trade in places as they rip you off.

How big is that kettle? If it is anywhere smaller than 8 gallons I would probably start looking into a bigger kettle and possibly more powerful burner. However, that is just based on my preference of doing batch sizes around 6-6.5 gallons too account for loss over the process so that I have my carboys filled as far into the neck as possible at secondary and have completely filled kegs in the end.

Back