what are your beers named?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewed in a blizzard last year, called it Yellow Snow Pale Ale.. Drinking my IPA now, called it Outsourced to India Pale Ale.

I assume you do know that Rogue has an IPA called Yellow Snow. I don't really name my beers. Right now I'm drinking Oatmeal Stout. It just is what it is.

Dejhop Vu Imperial IPA - Named in remembrance of all the amazing IIPAs I had when on my honeymoon in CA last June.

Deez Nuts Chocolate Peanut Butter Stout - Name based on a squirrel pic I saw & seemed appropriate.

Sidekick American IPA - Named after the quitter who "took his talents to South Beach" & screwed Cleveland over.

Hopocalypse American Barleywine - Named because it's a monster of a barleywine (12.5%) with loads of hops (130+ IBUs).

Upcoming brews over the next couple years I already have recipes for...Raspberry Kisses Brown Ale, Total Eclipse of the Hop Black Rye IPA, One Man Wolfpack Imperial Smoked Porter, Sigillum Diaboli Belgian Imperial Stout, Sugar N Spice & Everything Nice Belgian Dark Strong Ale, Dark Side of the Moon Pumpkin Ale, How the Grinch Stole My Christmas Ale, & Autumn Reflection Smoked Rye Ale

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

For my first post I shall reply to this thread.
Mine is Danbeert Brewing
And my first beer is a blonde ale named Low IQ

Great names all around so far

Cheers

...I don't give my recipes clever names for the same reason I don't have personalized license plates on my car.

...If you built your own car would you name it or customize the plates? ;)

This is precisely why I DO name my beers... and have a personalized plate with the name of my truck! guess where my user name comes from.:D :mug:

100_4652.JPG

axle.png

I have kind of a space theme going right now for dark beers.

Dark Matter Stout, Dark Star Black IPA.

I also Have made a Rye Pale Ale dubbed Rype PA, Gary Coleman BDSA (tribute Belgian Quad).

here is my latest label for the Dark Star.

Dark_Star_Alex700.jpg

I tend to name mine after metal albums and songs.

Some of the recent ones:

Blonde, Bagged, and Boarded (blonde ale, Goblin Cock album)
A-Rye-Z (rye pale ale, sepultura album)
Eerie Green Light (IPA, Type O Negative song)
Bound, Gagged, and Blondefolded (blonde ale, Skinlab album)
A-Rye-Z Again (rye pale ale, Soulfly song)
Death in Fire (smoked porter, Amon Amarth song)

I normally don't name beers but a friend of mine asked me a few weeks ago if I had ever heard of a fuggle (he had been at some beer tasting or micro brew and was amazed by the word). I said yea... its a variety of hops...

A few weeks later I'm asking a few people in the office what I should brew (I brew more than I drink and like to share) he asks for something dark like a stout.

I'm off looking for a recipe and I see a "robust porter" the only addition was 2oz of fuggles at 60 minutes all I could thing was that's perfect.

Tonight I'm brewing "Ron's Fugly Porter"

I made a foreign export stout that had some brett funk.

It reminded me of that girl from college. Slightly revolting, but you kept going back for more.

So I named it Cristine.

Not everything has a name, but the styles I brew often have German names.

Inselaffe ESB - translation : Island Monkey

Rotrosch Ale - Red Frog

Simon Sagt - SIMcoe california commON says

Hail Simcoe IPA - (that one's in English, hail sounds better than heil)

Irish Red Ale- Red Bearded Bitches Brew.

I would insert pic, but not premium member. It is a viking looking woman with big flowing red beard.

I haven't named every batch, but my Belgian blond brewed with honey, using the Unibroue yeast was named "Drink Me" with a label featuring a Victorian-era illustration of Alice (Alice in Wonderland) drinking the bottle labeled "Drink Me". My friends who tasted this loved it.

My Belgian dubbel was named "Eris" (after the goddess of chaos, complete with label depicting a Discordian illustration of a young "Eris" holding out an apple) since the whole process of brewing to bottling was very chaotic. Oddly enough, after almost 6 months of aging this brew is really starting to taste pretty good.

All my beers are golf themed:

-Putter's Pale Ale
-Birdie Brown Ale
-Triple Bogey Belgium

Having trouble finding something golf related to go with the "Honey Cream Ale" that's in primary right now. Thought about "Caddies Cream Ale" but noone wants to drink anythign related or having to do with someones cream lol...Thoughts?

Otto's Amber Ale (named after my dog [of course])
Epic Beard Guy Oatmeal Stout
Edja Monster Red Irish Red
Pumpkin Seed Porter (self explanatory)
Bier der Betrunkenen Waldmanner (Beer of the Drunken Forest Men)

Having trouble finding something golf related to go with the "Honey Cream Ale" that's in primary right now. Thought about "Caddies Cream Ale" but noone wants to drink anythign related or having to do with someones cream lol...Thoughts?

call it "18 Holes To Go"

Ruination Clone -- Hopocalypse
Stout brewed w/ espresso -- Morning Wood
Brown Ale w/ raspberries -- Charlie Sheen's Fruity Tiger Blood

1. Knurrender tekel (snarling daschund in german)
2. 6 tekel pils

and so on can u see the dog trend
3. Tchuklobrau (dog brew)

I'm currently drinking "Jack's Drool APA"
I was showing my 2 year old son the water filling the kettle, and he leans over and a huge gob of slobber rolls out of his mouth, and I wasn't about to pour out 7 gallons of hot water !

I am drinking a Fug U, all Fuggle Rye PA, and I have a 9% Sublimely Self Righteous Clone on tap in which I totally effed the water; I dubbed it Dark Star - Black IPA (good stuff).

Started off just calling it whatever the style of the beer was. Now I'll put a spin on the commercial name if it's a clone ("Chubby Chipmunk" clone of New Glarus Fat Squirrel) or come up with something clever/funny/fitting with the Great Outdoors Brewery name.

Chubby Chipmunk
Checkered Buffalo
Bitter Husband IPA (only to find out there is a Bitter Woman IPA made in WI as well)
Type-O Irish Red
Picked Off Porter (inspired by all the interceptions the Packers defense had in the post-season...SUPER BOWL XLV!!!!)
Trolling Motor APA

...Just a few examples... :mug:

i don't normally name any unless they'll be around for a while. right now i have an all brett b amber ale that needs a name and some kind of label.

Any ideas?

The one I'm going to make next I call "The Tomahawk Warrior."
Mostly just because I plan on using both Tomahawk (Columbus) and Warrior hops with it.
Then, I found out that the Tomahawk Warrior was a B-17 that went down in England in 1945 on it's 25th mission.
No real reason is known why it went down, so I thought keeping it the name of my beer would be a nice tribute, ya know?

Cut Grass Cream Ale

Busted, Not Bitter (for my Father In Law, who recently broke his leg)

Calamitous Intent IPA (for the venture brothers fans out there, an IPA recipe that just never comes out quite right)

Brown 25 Ale

Mele Kalikimaka Christmas Ale

Quaker's Revenge Oatmeal Stout

And, for the Phish Fans out there: "Clusterflies, Alas" Saison

Some of the beers I've made are named, but not all

Big Country Christmas Ale (holiday ale from AHS)
Linus' Ale - pumpkin ale
Ally's IIPA - in my recipes
Honey pail - in my recipes as well, APA with honey
D Good Dunkle - named by a friend
Fort Phantom Hefe - Abilene gets its water from Lake Fort Phantom
Peachy Keen hefe - named by a friend

thats all I can remember right now

My Sunday brew... Isabella's 8 which is a tripel named for my daughter who is due to be born any day now!

My belgian wit brewed and bottle conditioned with honey is fittingly dubbed "bee's piss"...hope the attachment works.

ForumRunner_20110322_092708.jpg

I just call everything Tete Dure, I guess its my brewery name more than a beer name.

Other than that, I just have a different label with the type of beer as the name more than anything.

I called my last batch "Clean your damn room brown"
It was the tail end of all the grain and hop bags in the fridge. I weighed them carefully and entered them into hopville and everything made an American Brown Ale .. So there, I have nothing left but 5 gallons of good beer :)

Dr. Spocks' Bock
Jimmys Pale Ale (brewed it for my buddies b-day)
27if Abbey Ale
Belgian Triple Salchow
I. Pate' IPA
My first all grain is going to be called E=mcBeer

All which come from my basement brewery called Chicken Liver Fever.

I made a nice American Stout that I called Black Betty. Other than that I really don't usually name my beers. Once I get a real solid favorite I'll probably try and come up with some good names.

Wyld Hare Brewing
Briar Patch Pale Ale
Tampa Red
Whipping Post IPA
Gator Snout Stout
Amazon Blonde
Hoppy Trails IBA
Palm Nut Brown
El Jefe Weizen
Olde Grey Hare Stock Ale
UthaBrutha Tripel
Ground Rule Dubbel
Wyld Ryed Pale ale
Idlewyld Mild

My first oat meal stout I named "Passed Out Oatmeal Stout"
My first parti-gyle was named "Sloppy Seconds"
I have a strong Brown Ale named "Strong Arm Brown Ale"
and I have nut-brown ale going right now (thanks Lil' Sparky) that my 6 year old daughter wants me to name "Squirrel Nuts"! I love it so it stuck.

To come is "Sin-Saison" an imperial Saison!

My first oat meal stout I named "Passed Out Oatmeal Stout"
My first parti-gyle was named "Sloppy Seconds"
I have a strong Brown Ale named "Strong Arm Brown Ale"
and I have nut-brown ale going right now (thanks Lil' Sparky) that my 6 year old daughter wants me to name "Squirrel Nuts"! I love it so it stuck.

To come is "Sin-Saison" an imperial Saison!

I keep changing labels up...

Long Arm Brown Ale.JPG

Passed Out Oatmeal Stout.JPG

Sin Saison.JPG

Jygomundi Brews are currently using the following names

GonePom Blonde - wife's varmint (hmm, there's another name) inspiration and label model

Blue Eye P A - My Australian Shepherd models for the label

Marsh Hound Porter - Our Corgi loves to get in the muck and turn browner

Pomteriana Amber Ale - something we made up and uses wife's artwork

Alt Reality - an Altbier

TiNGLER - American Pale but high alcohol

Pompous Ass Ale - my attempt to get close to Arrogant Bastard

Wassily Imperial Stout - another art label from her, very abstract

Rurnt - an Imperial IPA or Specialty beer, another spousal art work

Labels are in the Show Us Your Label forum ( first pass )and are being improved, especially with your suggestions, please:mug:

Latest posts

Back