What are you waiting for?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abrdnck

Reaction score
What styles of beer have you been meaning to brew, but haven't gotten around to yet? I'm curious to see what others think. Personally, I have been trying to create a beer cellar with a variety of different beers in it, so I can decide what I'm in the mood for and have a selection to share with people. Still, you can only brew so often and some keep getting put on the back burner. I always need to have an IPA available (that is a necessity for me), so sometimes I have to put off the "want to have" beers.

Here are 3 that I want to make, that haven't been able to get around to yet.

1. Russian Imperial Stout
2. Apricot Hefeweizen
3. Oktoberfest

I'm curious what others are thinking on this - what beers have you been meaning to make, but haven't done yet?

I'm in the same boat. I want to have a variety of beers in my cellar. Problem is I drink them too fast/don't brew enough! My stash took a big hit at my dudes bachelor party a couple weeks ago too, but what a good reason to drink too much of my homebrew! I haven't brewed a brown or 80/- yet, but I'm brewing the brown today and have the makings for my 80/-, so that's about set. I still want to brew an RIS, porter, and both a quad and BIPA. Really, I want to brew damn near every style of Belgian there is! I also haven't played with additives any yet (coffee, fruit, etc), which is a goal of mine for sure. But as with you, I need to brew another IPA soon (either outerlimits or something with mass cenntennial like ruination or madhatter) and some more 4% blonde for the BMC crowd that will be here over the holidays. So much to brew, so little time! :D

1. Dopplebock (real soon hopefully)
2. Fat Tire Clone (bought the ingredients yesterday)
3. Baltic Porter

Of course there's tons more, but these are the specific holdouts I've been dying to make.

Munich Helles
Bohemian Pilsner
Dopplebok
Maibock
Schwarzbier
Scottish Ale

That's a start anyway! I've been largely ale centric until this year and enjoying some new lager equipment and exploration.

Munich Helles
Bohemian Pilsner
Dopplebok
Maibock
Schwarzbier
Scottish Ale

That's a start anyway! I've been largely ale centric until this year and enjoying some new lager equipment and exploration.

I'm looking to brew some lagers this winter, will be my firsts! Want to do a munich helles and maibock as well.

I have ordered ingredients for my next two beers - APA and Old Dominion Oak Barrel Stout Clone attempt #1

A Belgian sour (cherry) ale. Probably wont tackle this until I move back to IL next year - need a place where the fermenter can hang out for a looooong time.

A British pale ale, something with plenty of toasty/crackery malt profile and gentle lively hops. Will probably brew this up sometime in the next couple months.

I'm also thinking of brewing up a marzen (Oktoberfest) next Spring - but that too might have to wait until I move. I've managed to pick up both a cheap mini-fridge and free mini-freezer recently - one or both will be used for future brewing projects so we'll see. :)

1. RIS
2. Milk Stout (was about to do it once but kind of got distracted)
3. Tripel
4. Wee Heavy
5. Old Ale
6. Southern Brown

I'm taking a little hiatus from brewing so i can save up for a whole new mash tun/lauter tun and kegging system, so won't get started on any of this for a few months

1. Dopplebock
2. Imperial Hefeweizen
3. Octoberfest

In theory I will be brewing dry Irish stout, Irish red ale, pumpkin ale, and black IPA all in the next 3 days, none of which I've made before.

1. Dopplebock
2. Imperial Hefeweizen
3. Octoberfest

In theory I will be brewing dry Irish stout, Irish red ale, pumpkin ale, and black IPA all in the next 3 days, none of which I've made before.

I recently started drinking a black IPA that I made, and it is awesome. I have never had a black IPA before, so I hope what I made is close to the style. I hope you have success!

I have to list the ones I HAVE done... All the rest are ones I'd like to try EXCEPT watermelon beer.

Irish Red Ale
Patersbier
Extra Pale Ale
Nut Brown Ale

Up next Belgian Dubbel or Speckled Heifer.

abrdnck said:
I recently started drinking a black IPA that I made, and it is awesome. I have never had a black IPA before, so I hope what I made is close to the style. I hope you have success!

I've never had one either. Im about to though, just knocked out the pumpkin ale (samhains recipe on here) and im moving on to the BIPA next. Thanks for the support! :mug:

Yeah, I'd say some sort of sour or lambic tops my list - just keep putting it off cause I know how long they have to age and I'd prefer my beer finish quicker.

Still trying to finetune a Black IPA recipe.

Then I'd say a Barleywine or some sort of Old Styel Ale wraps up my top 3.

kbuzz said:
Yeah, I'd say some sort of sour or lambic tops my list - just keep putting it off cause I know how long they have to age and I'd prefer my beer finish quicker.

Still trying to finetune a Black IPA recipe.

Then I'd say a Barleywine or some sort of Old Styel Ale wraps up my top 3.

I have a 1.130 american barleywine I made 16 months ago, and it is still quit undrinkable

Back