What are you more fascinated with?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cubslover

Reaction score
Yeast profiles at varying temperatures, grains and varying amounts/styles, or hops in all their magic?

I've been doing this a year now, and I'm completely perplexed by this entire process. I had taken beer for granted (gasp!) before this, not knowing the overall complexity and science of the art. Now that I am in it chest deep and with just a slight bit of knowledge, I feel like submersing myself in the total chaos that could come with complete experimentation. I am completely fascinated by all aspects of the brewing process, this may be a bad thing...

Yeast profiles at varying temperatures, grains and varying amounts/styles, or hops in all their magic?

I've been doing this a year now, and I'm completely perplexed by this entire process. I had taken beer for granted (gasp!) before this, not knowing the overall complexity and science of the art. Now that I am in it chest deep and with just a slight bit of knowledge, I feel like submersing myself in the total chaos that could come with complete experimentation. I am completely fascinated by all aspects of the brewing process, this may be a bad thing...

All of the Above!

Mostly interested in the grains/mash process side of things, but am keen to learn more about hops. Ordered the 250 clone recipe edition from BYO and their hop guide. Don't have that much interest in the fancy equipment side of things (conicals, HERMS/RIMS, etc.) although I do mill my own grain, about to start filtering, have temp controls, etc.

Totally on the same page as you--this has become my hobsession.

I am intrigued with the different yeast and how they can change wort to different beers with all else the same.(recipe, mashing temps and dilutions, hopping)

I'd say a combination of all the above. Everything in a beer has some effect on it. Then throw in different temps,& things can change again. So many different combinations that different yeasts & temps can change,I'll be having fun for a long time experimenting to come up with my lists of repeatable great ones.

Back