What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What’s left of my old fashioned. Wee bit of cherry juice in there. Good evening HBT folk.

Attachments

• 88A58B71-DB4C-43F1-B7B1-B8509802D90F.jpeg
    88A58B71-DB4C-43F1-B7B1-B8509802D90F.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Glad to hear you had a good experience with it. I used some craft malts in my wet hop pale this year (about 12%) and I felt like I was having a placebo effect thinking it was different. I’ll be kegging it tonight actually

I’m sure it depends a lot on the maltster and the type you use. This was 100% Epiphany Vienna style malt grown and malted here in NC. Of course, I’ve never made a Vienna Lager before but this one is pretty good so I’ll definitely give it another shot.

OT: quite possibly the best whiskey I’ve ever had.

6D4F2B4F-7203-48E0-BB30-9DD7F805B810.jpeg

The wife and I drove into the next town over this evening and stopped by one of the local breweries and I tried their jalapeno saison. It was delicious! Slightly dry and bready with some earthy notes and just the smallest hint of pepper brightness. And then this nice lingering tingle of heat on the back of your throat that made you want to take another sip. Made me want to brew a saison recipe I've been holding onto for a while.

New Glarus isn’t distributed in this part of the world so I‘ve never had a chance to really look at their packaging.

Is that a cow jumping over Wisconsin or a bull trying to hump Wisconsin? Enquiring minds, and all like that. :cool:

Afternoon coffee while getting ready to mash in on an English Mild. My poor 3 year old has a double ear infection so I stayed home with him and now that it’s nap time, it’s my turn to do something productive.
Brewed Dark Mild yesterday. 3 gallon batch

13BC7099-6137-41DB-BEF3-2DFA21E517FB.jpeg

Back