What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When not able to fall back asleep after a flying cockroach hits you in the face. Oh the drama...and we still haven't found it yet! 🙄

HB Margarita, quadruple shot

PXL_20221001_055124586.PORTRAIT.jpg

Town started an annual Oktoberfest last year. Good turn out considering it just rained for two hours. Local brewery was serving. They're a couple of weeks from opening just down the street.

Their wet hop IPA has all homegrown hops. Which were like 5 different hops.
IMG_20221001_145136.jpg

Firestarter
IMG_20221001_145503.jpg
Fall is coming
IMG_20221001_150203.jpg

RIP Dark Czech Lager. You were a great beer for first attempt at the style. You lasted just over 3 months in the keg which includes bottling about a gallon for comps and beer trades. Must starting planning my next one now. My wife isn’t a lager lover but she loved this one…RIP.

9F233D90-5C9C-43D6-8DD9-3FEDA634F3B0.jpeg

I roasted a habañero and added to a gallon of cider for a week. Called it Ciderñero. Nice taste but too hot. Maybe 1/2 pepper or shorter time on the next one. You could try making a Mexican Cake clone if you like that beer. I think it's delicious.

Years back I added Jalapeno to a Hard Limeade. Then used the same bucket for a PA. The jalapeno came through in the PA and was the best I've made. Did you add the white flesh and seeds? That'll do it heat wise.

Advice: If brewing the Morebeer Oktoberfest kit, leave out the 1min hop addition. This made it too hoppy, like Bells. Didn't ruin it, just made it an American style Oktoberfest vs a Munich style. 😪 My gut told me to skip it, but I didn't listen.. Maybe another week of lagering will mellow it out. Kind of disappointed.

Last edited:
Back