What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeremiah Johnson Blonde at my daughter's house.
20220926_180314_resized.jpg

Dinner with the wife before she went to work - wine is me; she had coffee

PXL_20220926_231913696.jpg

Hands down my favorite cider that I've made. It's the closest thing that I've managed to get to Woodchuck, but it took about a year to get there 😳 and I think this was my last one 😭

Glass courtesy of the local E85 station. I spent a lot of money there 😂
PXL_20220927_021642234.PORTRAIT.jpg

Morning coffee. We’re leaving Wildwood today, headed back home after combo Irish Festival / Octoberfest weekend. Spent about 2.5 hours metal detecting on the beach on Saturday. Found 3 quarters and 3 dimes, for $1.05, all modern coins. Oldest one is 1984. The beach turns them reddish brown, almost like pennies from the minerals. So we got a whopping .42 an hour! Doesn’t even pay for the batteries.

View attachment 781941

View attachment 781942
All that fresh air was time well spent.

All that fresh air was time well spent.
Yeah I joke but we wouldn’t do it if it wasn’t fun. People always think we’re finding all kinds of valuable stuff though. The truth is in 3 or 4 years of doing it I have yet to find one ring or any piece of jewelry or pretty much anything of value more than a quarter coin.

What you find is more trash than anything else. The beach is full of crushed aluminum cans, bottle caps, pull tabs, kids juice boxes that are lined with foil, and all kinds of other trash. Bobby pins, hair ties, the occasional old key, washers, foil packets from aspirin and other things, the occasional drug needle. If I’m prepared I usually take a trash bag and I collect and throw away lots of that trash. Things like cans are easy to ignore because of the size of the target. But if you don’t dig pull tabs and bottle caps you’ll never find good stuff because it all shows up in the same range.

Everybody detects on the beach because you are not allowed to detect on private property without permission and historical sites are off limits. You can’t just go digging in Valley Forge or Gettysburg.

Back