What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fair to say I’ve recovered from covid. Still a bit of a cough and a tad weak on physical conditioning but otherwise feeling well. Milling grain SUCKED. I need to motorize.
HB line blonde while brewing an ipa. Going mostly old school with C hops and simcoe.
5C5F604A-ACB2-4F37-B574-1F13F2578022.jpeg

HB raspberry hard lemonade…
So good
View attachment 778205
I have this fermenting right now. Although I pitched WLP001 b/c it’s what I had available but it’s not doing anything (no airlock bubbles, no krausen forming, etc…) 48 hours since pitching too (66-68 degrees). I may need to toss some Kviek yeast I have in there to get it going.

I have this fermenting right now. Although I pitched WLP001 b/c it’s what I had available but it’s not doing anything (no airlock bubbles, no krausen forming, etc…) 48 hours since pitching too (66-68 degrees). I may need to toss some Kviek yeast I have in there to get it going.
Supposedly the Lalvin EC-1118 yeast is a must because it can handle the acidity of the lemonade better than any other champagne yeast. Mine forms a small krausen and churns and bubbles like a normal fermentation for several days.

Supposedly the Lalvin EC-1118 yeast is a must because it can handle the acidity of the lemonade better than any other champagne yeast. Mine forms a small krausen and churns and bubbles like a normal fermentation for several days.
Oh I didn’t know that. Shoot, I may need to order some then!

IIRC, EC-1118 is a Champaign yeast with a very high alcohol tolerance. It's found in mostly boxed wine kits as a dry packet sachet, and is a strong fermentor and reliable finisher. Used it many times, but not so much in beer brewing.

Research for this year’s Christmas brew. Planning a Munich Dunkel. I haven’t had one in quite awhile. But these don’t taste like what I remember. These are both really clean and more along the lines of American Dark lager. Not getting the flavor of a large percentage of Munich malt.

Obviously I can’t badmouth these names (!) Maybe they just didn’t travel well. Well within dates though.

DB339179-051C-4E30-B837-984149981CBB.jpeg
10BE8BE9-9FD3-43A5-9660-A388A9AAC758.jpeg

Last edited:
@camonick @pshankstar

Just a note, I've added Baking Soda, successfully, in effort to raise the pH. More for being too acidic at the end then for fermentation. It's been so long I couldn't tell you amounts though. I'll be curious on pshank's experiment!

Local Helles...keg still going strong

PXL_20220820_213051899.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Back