What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still using my abfab "glassware." Saving the wee beasties for the next saison, whenever that happens.
IMG_2433.JPG

Another HB Pilsner.
I just entered it in the Rocky Mountain Homebrew Challenge as a 5D German Pilsner. I’m tempted to send another 3 bottles and enter it in the 3B Czech Premium Pale category also to see how the scores and judging notes compare.
Good idea, bad idea?
My Vienna lager will be going too.
View attachment 777926
By coincidence I have those same three category entries lagering right now for a September comp. Also a Helles Bock and a Blonde Ale. First time I've had four lagers simultaneously going for a single competition. I'm anxious to hear how you do. Good luck!

By coincidence I have those same three category entries lagering right now for a September comp. Also a Helles Bock and a Blonde Ale. First time I've had four lagers simultaneously going for a single competition. I'm anxious to hear how you do. Good luck!
I have a month to go. It is on September 17. I just paid for my entries last night. I hope they do well. Good luck to you too.

Many many many, maybe not in Seattle Proper but close by. I live in the South End (about 30 miles south of Downtown). Most of the local pubs in Seattle have a great variety of the local breweries offerings. Georgetown tasting room does not have food, but there are always food trucks around. Pike Brewing has a spot in the Pike Place Market (you NEED to go to the Market at least, it's a must-see). I'll think on it some and get back to you tomorrow, we just got home from trip to Boston and we are TIRED.

Another HB Pilsner.
I just entered it in the Rocky Mountain Homebrew Challenge as a 5D German Pilsner. I’m tempted to send another 3 bottles and enter it in the 3B Czech Premium Pale category also to see how the scores and judging notes compare.
Good idea, bad idea?
My Vienna lager will be going too.

I’ve entered the same beer twice in different categories. The closest I ever came to winning a bos was with a blonde ale that I entered as a blonde ale and also as a cream ale. As a blonde it got a mediocre score. As a cream ale it was one of 2 beers left standing at the end of the bos panel. You never know.

Many many many, maybe not in Seattle Proper but close by. I live in the South End (about 30 miles south of Downtown). Most of the local pubs in Seattle have a great variety of the local breweries offerings. Georgetown tasting room does not have food, but there are always food trucks around. Pike Brewing has a spot in the Pike Place Market (you NEED to go to the Market at least, it's a must-see). I'll think on it some and get back to you tomorrow, we just got home from trip to Boston and we are TIRED.
Pike Brewing.....

I remember sitting alone at the bar there one night while on a trip to Seattle, musta' been over 15 years ago. I asked the friendly bar server for a good recommendation, and she said, "Space Needle IPA." It had just won 1st Place at a local competition for brewpubs. I tried it and it was indeed quite good.

Being a brewer (of sorts) I started asking some pertinent questions, which sadly she couldn't answer. BUT... the brewmaster happened to be there doing a brewery check that evening, and he sat down with me to talk beer. After assessing that I wasn't a spy from another brewery, he gave me a 'back of the envelope' recipe. I know it's saved in my recipe files somewhere, though I haven't brewed it in years. May be time to dust it off since it was, as I remember, a nice example of what we now know as West Coast IPA.

9DAAD2D5-478A-4E35-9E0A-75DC96AFD881.jpeg
My neighbor/good friend stopped over after he got home from work. Was in the middle of chilling the wort. So we shot the breeze and split some beers while I finished up. Got the wort into the fermenters & everything cleaned up at a pretty reasonable time too.

Last edited:
Back