What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple waters
IMG_20220723_144956.jpg

HB Vienna lager
I got 3 competition bottles filled and a couple test bottles I can drink closer to the shipping deadline before I make my final decision to send them. Now I can drink freely until this sucker blows foam. :mug:
View attachment 775749
I want to come visit you. You can put me and my sons to work. After the works done I just want to be paid in your Schwarzbier, Vienna, and any other lagers you have and I want to drink them In front of your hay barn lol

Last edited:
I want to come visit you. You can put me and my sons to work. After the works done I just want to be paid in your Schwarzbier, Vienna, and any other lagers you have and I want to drink them In front of your hay barn lol
Thanks. I’ll have about 3 ton of small square (70 pound) alfalfa bales that need to be thrown up to and stacked in the second story hay loft in early September. :mischievous:

5 Weeks and counting! Should we have a morning Guinness ready for the game? 🤔

HB WCDIPA and other back pain killers. Been a while since I got the 12in saw, tile cutter out along with the awkward positions. Our retirement home will be turnkey!

PXL_20220723_220210833.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

My wife and I were bored so we went for a drive and I took her to a yarn store a couple towns over. Happened to be a liquor store across the street so I grabbed a few things I can’t find in town. And she found a couple new NAs to try. Everybody wins.
View attachment 775829
Going to a yarn store because of.. boredom?? 🤔

How much cantelope per 5 gals do you typically use? I would think cantaloupe would mostly ferment out but sounds like no....sounds delish.
I juiced enough fresh cantaloupe that I froze then thawed to get one gallon of juice, then added that to four gallons of wheat beer after four days in the fermenter. That came out pretty well but I may do 1.5 gallons next time.

My wife and I were bored so we went for a drive and I took her to a yarn store a couple towns over. Happened to be a liquor store across the street so I grabbed a few things I can’t find in town. And she found a couple new NAs to try. Everybody wins.
View attachment 775829
I need a new Dr. Who scarf that is exactly 23 feet 0.102 inch

HB Irish Stout
I kinda bragged about this beer when I first tapped it, but as I drink more, I’m not really impressed. Just drinking it now to try to get rid of it. I wish it tasted as good as it looks.
Watching the clouds build around us, but I don’t think they’ll produce any beneficial rain. I do hear a rumble of thunder occasionally.
09FE1A31-D485-48FF-8288-81C90906DC3C.jpeg

Fizzy Yellow Beer after spending the afternoon in the sun watching the drag races.
View attachment 775848
Reminds me of the farm bars in Nebraska grandpa would take me to. Had that beers neon signs everywhere we went. Bruning, Strang, Belvidere, Carlton and Hebron were the big hitters.

Someone said Nebraska. ABGBs Helles, Duck Dude approved

PXL_20220723_234612902.PORTRAIT.jpg

HB Irish Stout
I kinda bragged about this beer when I first tapped it, but as I drink more, I’m not really impressed. Just drinking it now to try to get rid of it. I wish it tasted as good as it looks.
Watching the clouds build around us, but I don’t think they’ll produce any beneficial rain. I do hear a rumble of thunder occasionally.
View attachment 775853
Dry lightning... not a good thing...

Definitely… especially when I’m the one who would have to go put it out!
We watched, from afar, dry lightning spark the Santa Cruz Complex fire in California a few years back. Came within a couple miles of our old home there in Ben Lomond. Guess that's why we're thinking Nevada for retirement...desert Nevada. Homeless person lit a fire in a park down the road. Got a great picture of our house with it. When I'm out of the pool, will post it. Fun times! 😔

We watched, from afar, dry lightning spark the Santa Cruz Complex fire in California a few years back. Came within a couple miles of our old home there in Ben Lomond. Guess that's why we're thinking Nevada for retirement...desert Nevada. Homeless person lit a fire in a park down the road. Got a great picture of our house with it. When I'm out of the pool, will post it. Fun times! 😔

We get some doozies out here… fast moving prairie fires. Luckily it’s sparsely populated. I’m a true firefighter though… I’ll take a wildland fire any day over a car accident or ambulance/ rescue call…I hate those!!!

Back