What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have thoughts on the Guinness Chocolate Mint Stout? I almost bought it, I could go back if it’s a positive vote count. I haven’t seen it show up in what peeps are drinking, so’s I’m asking.
It's decent, but boozy. I would not buy a 4/6pk. I get the mint and chocolate, but it's just not my bag.

HB Fest. Clearing up nicely! 100% entering this into a comp. Wow
20220114_234623.jpg
😳

@LoneTreeFarms did you make it up to Algona to grab some beer :)

Also, is there an app back yet for this? I'd use it so much more again if there was!
No I didn’t, the snow was ugly enough yesterday I didn’t take the trip. Sadly still no app, so I’m rarely on here anymore it seems. Definitely want to get to Algona this week and pick up a 4 pack of your new release!!

Last edited:
Strong ones tonight fellas. Just found out my 86 year old father is starting end of life care. Going up tomorrow.
View attachment 755682

Sorry for that. Cheers to dad! 🍻

Speaking of, watching the Raiders game virtually with my dad who's fighting Stage four Pancreatic cancer. Although do have a soft heart for Bengal's coach. Zac was a good QB for the Huskers. Saw them beat Michigan at the 2005 Alamo Bowl.

PXL_20220115_220412491.PORTRAIT.jpg

Ok. Curious. What part of the country are you from? Got in a discussion of raw and stein. Up here in the northeast we call it stein. Trying to figure out how the regions use the name.
South East Gulf Coast Texas. I am using what I believe the Eroupeans call it. I used Voss Kveik and my so far go to Farmhouse recipe, did a hop tea instead due to not boiling it.

South East Gulf Coast Texas. I am using what I believe the Eroupeans call it. I used Voss Kveik and my so far go to Farmhouse recipe, did a hop tea instead due to not boiling it.
Yea. @CrookedLaker gave me a good beer from Rake Brewery over in MI. Some good links about Raw ales which also led to BYO using the term. BYO also said stein and being related to northern Europe as using the term. For me I've always known it as stein or roast/roust. Kind of odd as there's a large portion of scandavians around here but mostly had moonshined instead of beer. They'd be a sauna in the backyard and a still in the basement..A little bit of Germans would be known and called out as stein.So never heard of Raw until now. Could be due to prohibition as they went scorched earth here on cutting down orchards and beer. There's still old English hop plants on farms around here so maybe they didn't have what they were use to and shined.

Either way. Wish my moonshining grandma was still around to now ask.

OT
imgly_7443853976740280301.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone have thoughts on the Guinness Chocolate Mint Stout? I almost bought it, I could go back if it’s a positive vote count. I haven’t seen it show up in what peeps are drinking, so’s I’m asking.

I’ve had it forgot to post it. I’m not a stout fan but I do love mint stouts. BUT I thought it was rough. Luckily my brother bought it and I didn’t. I thought it was way too much bourbon and wood. Mint was there but faint. If you get it I’d definitely age at least 1.

My take on Guinness is they should stick to their original beers. Not a fan of the black lager, blonde, nitro IPA. I did enjoy their milk stout though. If your in the area I recommend hitting up the Open Gate Brewery.

F3CDFB66-2A07-4C9C-8D97-AFE18F40355B.jpeg

Back