What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hate drinking this year's Holiday Beer. It's a variant of my standard West Coast Pale Ale, but I opted to use some of the newer fruity/tropical hops in lieu of the trusty old C-hops. In total, it has half-a-pound of Ahtanum, Azzaca, and Cashmere. Four of those ounces went in at 5min and flame out and the other four were split between two cold and fast dry hopping charges.

The result is an insipid, generically fruity, boring mess. It would be nice as a July beer, but it's not cutting it as a Holiday Beer.

I'm going to dump this pusillanimous swill and re-brew with Cascades, Citra, and Amarillo. That makes good beer.

6C1E5BDA-6BA7-4803-A987-C64118AE809F.jpeg

Last edited:
I know everyone's palate is different; for me, that might be the ugliest beer I've ever seen.

My favorite Chappelle Show skits were "The Player Hater's Ball" and "The Time Haters." I love me some hate. I love me some serious hate.

What you've got there, that's some next level hate.

If you are from NC you prob have had this beer collab from Olde Hickory, Duck Rabbit, and Foothills. Each brew their own imperial stout prior to blending in barrels. This year is decent but it’s been better in the past IMO. Typically it’s more velvety smooth right out of the gate. But this is still good this year.

8F056709-AB58-4757-80FA-358C668B3943.jpeg
9022EE04-119D-4B70-8C38-5AC6E556CF68.jpeg

I have to be really careful about social media, texts, etc.--I DVR all football. Almost have had a game burned but not quite. Read a text from a brother that could have been interpreted a couple ways so that's what saved me. However, it was a Lion's game so, in the grand scheme of things....
Honestly, it's the only way I watch games now if it's just me.
I know I'm watching dvr

That Buffalo Trace is what I got at Costco after many recommendations on what I should use to soak my oak chips in. I still have a lot left and am obligated to make another "barrel-aged" stout.

Good god, if the bourbon community knew you were using BT to soak your oak chips you’d be ostracized before you knew you were a member.

OT: one more in the mason jar

888104D7-69FC-4DF6-AA18-8447C3E3BBF6.jpeg

I have to be really careful about social media, texts, etc.--I DVR all football. Almost have had a game burned but not quite. Read a text from a brother that could have been interpreted a couple ways so that's what saved me. However, it was a Lion's game so, in the grand scheme of things....
Honestly, it's the only way I watch games now if it's just me.
I do that all the time too. Just ignore everything for a bit and catch up later

C50E1457-DE46-4C50-BE6A-8E11F99729D0.jpeg

Back