What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20210926_155551.jpg

@bailey mountain brewer if you can find anything by Yards Brewery they are also fantastic.
My wife loves brawler, so i brewed a semi clone thing of it and it was really good. We are about 2 hours from philly and go there when we can. We went to yards brewery about 2 years ago before all the covid stuff happened. The beers they had at the brewery were better then what I can find on the shelf at my local beer distributor. If you get a chance to try new trail or evergrain I highly recommend them.

My wife loves brawler, so i brewed a semi clone thing of it and it was really good. We are about 2 hours from philly and go there when we can. We went to yards brewery about 2 years ago before all the covid stuff happened. The beers they had at the brewery were better then what I can find on the shelf at my local beer distributor. If you get a chance to try new trail or evergrain I highly recommend them.
They just came out with a new first presidents series of ales. I am just outside Media.

HB Spruce tip Ipa. Really enjoy the taste of this one.

Sorry to bump a 8 month old post:

Hey Elric, would you be willing to share your recipe for this?

After trying Obtuse Spruce in michigan a few years ago it has left a void in my life. Would love to try this out!

Sorry to bump a 8 month old post:

Hey Elric, would you be willing to share your recipe for this?

After trying Obtuse Spruce in michigan a few years ago it has left a void in my life. Would love to try this out!
62.5 % pale ale malt, 25% light munich 12.5% flaked oats, mashed at 152f.
I did 60 minute boil, but hops aren't added till 30 so you could shorten if you want. hops and spruce tips added at same time. Rate is per gallon
@30min 3 grams simcoe, 1 oz tips
@5 min 5 grams simcoe, 1 oz spruce tips
20 min whirlpool 5 grams simcoe, 1 oz spruce tips

the tips give it quite a sweet taste, you may want to mash lower to finish dryer to compensate, next time I will prob do 148f mash.

cheers!

Back