What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some bottles shared with @CrookedLaker …day late but whatever!
889208C5-CA6F-47EB-B84B-CEF9A2E0B52E.jpeg

Sorry I'll miss you but enjoy your trip.

Small story about a co-worker who suddenly died in his sleep Saturday. He's a Razorback so we bet on the Arkansas-Nebraska Regionals. I lost. We bet on beer and these hefe's that I've drank over the last couple weeks are from that bet. Ergo, this is for John and his family he left behind. Knew the guy for 23years and he'd give the shirt off his back for you. Cheers Brother and Sleep in Peace! 🍻

View attachment 733981
Sorry man.

I’ve brewed some very mediocre batches (at least to me) lately and now I want to crank out some of my old reliable recipes. I’m also looking to downsize my batch volume from 5 gallons to 2.5-3 gallon so I can brew more often and have more variety. I’ve got two three gallon kegs already and have a lead on a couple 2.5s I’m going to try to score.
A Bitburger in the meantime.
View attachment 733980

i am a 2.5 gallon brewer normally.
image.jpg

The platform bed is finished and installed. Was an easy and inexpensive project. Now we have a place for one more full sized human to sleep and still have a place, under the platform, for the younger grandson’s toys to be stored.

Still hot, so now a HB Weissbier.
143A0004-1758-4F8C-A034-F9AB9F71571F.jpeg
C3B59846-D957-4B28-A7DD-CB1B2393962C.jpeg

A Bitburger and blooming prickly pear cactus
View attachment 733918
Is that the kind of cactus you can use in beer ? I've seen them but not tasted one. My shameful run ins with Tequila in my youth kinda shied me away from anything made with cactus...there was the drunken Xmas Eve in Germany....getting run out of Mexico by the Federales....i don't even want to talk about the Alamo incident....😳

Sorry I'll miss you but enjoy your trip.

Small story about a co-worker who suddenly died in his sleep Saturday. He's a Razorback so we bet on the Arkansas-Nebraska Regionals. I lost. We bet on beer and these hefe's that I've drank over the last couple weeks are from that bet. Ergo, this is for John and his family he left behind. Knew the guy for 23years and he'd give the shirt off his back for you. Cheers Brother and Sleep in Peace! 🍻

View attachment 733981
🙏

E64262FD-5D80-492E-962A-29B55E736976.jpeg

Home Brewed Vanilla Porter
I call it Abyss Walker Porter
7.2%
I hope I don’t dislocate my shoulder patting myself on the back for this one lol
It’s all sweet vanilla and finishes with a slight roast the nose is all cream and it drinks incredibly smooth complimenting the vanilla and making it friendly to even BMC drinkers

part of me says add a touch of lactose and age it on a boatload of bourbon soaked oak let’s see what happens and part of me says don’t you dare mess with this recipe stupid

aghh the stress of home brewing

View attachment 734052
Home Brewed Vanilla Porter
I call it Abyss Walker Porter
7.2%
I hope I don’t dislocate my shoulder patting myself on the back for this one lol
It’s all sweet vanilla and finishes with a slight roast the nose is all cream and it drinks incredibly smooth complimenting the vanilla and making it friendly to even BMC drinkers

part of me says add a touch of lactose and age it on a boatload of bourbon soaked oak let’s see what happens and part of me says don’t you dare mess with this recipe stupid

aghh the stress of home brewing
Looks Amazing!

Porter in the summer, that's bold!

Is that the kind of cactus you can use in beer ? I've seen them but not tasted one. My shameful run ins with Tequila in my youth kinda shied me away from anything made with cactus...there was the drunken Xmas Eve in Germany....getting run out of Mexico by the Federales....i don't even want to talk about the Alamo incident....😳
I didn’t know the answer to that until I googled it. Yes, apparently it is a thing. Michelob has a lime/prickly pear beer. The pads and fruit are quite tasty according to the interwebs. I don’t have much desire to harvest any however. I’ve had plenty of the needles in my knees, hands and back side while hunting and other outdoor activities in the pastures of my area.

Back