What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6A03703E-5308-422D-B3D0-DB2D10DADAC9.jpeg

Sycamore has a reputation in the Charlotte area of being the “basic white girl and frat boy” brewery, but this is their flagship beer that you can find on most wal mart shelves in the area. It’s a great example of a modern West Coast IPA that is bitter and juicy with a smallish malt presence. I wish I had an idea of the ingredients to work on a clone when I get the brewery fired back up.

AB49610F-465D-48B9-A8B1-34610E4F52A4.jpeg

First shot at brewing a West Coast Pale Ale. Very happy with the turnout. A little light on color, but damn, it's tasty. White Labs 001 😏
Been on a WCIPA kick lately trying different combos and I like to brew lighter WC IPA (and PA). Don’t know why, but I like my hoppy HB’s to be as light as I can. Odd, I know.

Been on a WCIPA kick lately trying different combos and I like to brew lighter WC IPA (and PA). Don’t know why, but I like my hoppy HB’s to be as light as I can. Odd, I know.
I have to say, if I couldn't see the color while drinking it, I don't think I could tell it is as light as it actually is. Solid malt backbone. Maybe a touch of crystal malt would help, but I also don't want to mess with a good recipe and make it worse!

Back