What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@fourfarthing best application of plums to date - delicate and bountiful
PXL_20210508_204449178.jpg

Such a great show
PXL_20210508_211637087.jpg

First pour of my latest ipa, 6.8% and hopped with Citra and Idaho7. Still needs a few more days on the gas. Maybe my taste buds need resetting after all the hazy ipas I’ve had lately but this ipa (not a hazy), tastes more like a pale ale to me, despite 7 oz of hops in this 5 gallon keg. Not bad, but I thought It’d have a bit more hop character.

2D5B9D21-9A60-456E-9185-440EB46220AB.jpeg

Last edited:
SNPA after brewing a light lager, helping my wife and one of her friends reupholster a chair, and showing the friend’s husband, who has done a little extract brewing, how the all grain process went. Made for a really long brewday, with too many distractions, but everything went well until the OG came out 10 pts low. Then I saw the pound of corn sugar, which I had forgotten to add with the last hop addition, sitting on the counter. Boiled a quart of water, dissolved the sugar, and pitched that into the fermenter. Didn’t bother with a second OG sample; the sugar has enough points to get close to the predicted number. Moral of the story-don’t brew, do upholstery, and give brewing lessons all at the same time. A good time was had by most. :cool:
5C52553C-87BC-4CB9-9611-9D4F0AAE3523.jpeg

Galaxy & Vic Secret. This is outrageously flavorful. All fruit, no harshness.

View attachment 728527
Is the Vic kegged or bottled? And- did you carbonate it for a long time? I kegged mine yesterday and forced it with heavy carbonating. Actually it got overcarboneted, but that’s fixed no. It looks great, and smells awesome. I think it a bit tasteless - and therefore i wonder if it can have to do with how long it has been carbonated… 24 hrs 😂🤔🙄
Thanks
(Sorry for my Norwegian English)

Back