What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Light lager
DC8A05B9-E4D1-458A-8EF1-493BD50B86B5.jpeg

HB 90 Shilling clone.
Tomorrow is opening day of early plains rifle deer season. Hopefully my son and I can put some more meat in the freezer.
Good luck! Deer hunting was never my deal, but always a great time of the year for my family. Cant say that I miss sitting on a stump at ass o’clock in the morning.

Good luck! Deer hunting was never my deal, but always a great time of the year for my family. Cant say that I miss sitting on a stump at ass o’clock in the morning.
Most of our hunting here is spot and stalk. Miles and miles of open country scattered with farm ground, pasture land and cedar canyons and ravines. Although the deer in my post above is a whitetail, most of the deer in this area are mule deer. Weather is supposed to be pretty nice tomorrow, but only 16° with near blizzard conditions on Sunday.

Quite a bit different from here. I just remember being in school hearing about my friends fancy deer stands and then my dad and uncle pointing to a stump and telling me to sit there and face that direction and wait. I’m insanely young in my extended family and spent the next five years doing the crawling and climbing and grunt work and just ehhhhh, no thanks haha. I slightly regret it now because I think the family venison recipe might have been lost with my old man. Old timers were always weird about sharing it until it’s too late

HB 90 Shilling clone.
Tomorrow is opening day of early plains rifle deer season. Hopefully my son and I can put some more meat in the freezer.
View attachment 703739
It’s opening day here, as well. My oldest grandson was home from college this weekend and scored a decent muley buck this morning.
D05B57DD-7A57-4278-803C-82DD1FA9A9F7.jpeg

Back