What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB Mosaic SMaSH and ribeyes.
3E4B6BD9-779A-4028-9BB6-7DEEF3A4BC3E.jpeg

HB pale brewed with Falconer Flight.

Love FF in a single hop pale ale. I'm working on liquidating my hop supply, but I cant wait to brew with falconers flight again.

HB amber ale ENGINE 66

I remember you mentioning the MoreBeer alaskan amber clone, is that it? If so, how is it? I have the ingredients bought but had to put the brewing on the back burner until I can ferment cool again. It irks me since I love that beer so fkn much.

I remember you mentioning the MoreBeer alaskan amber clone, is that it? If so, how is it? I have the ingredients bought but had to put the brewing on the back burner until I can ferment cool again. It irks me since I love that beer so fkn much.
Yep, this is the clone. I’ve never had the original so I can’t say if it’s an accurate clone or not. It’s a pretty good beer, but not quite what I expected. I was hoping for something a little sweeter and maltier. I’m not sure if it’s the hop combo or if my ABV is a little higher than intended, but there’s something going on I’m not sure of.

A glass of chard earlier, and the Saison with some blackberry goop from the bush.
IMG_20200711_105938.jpg

HB Stout. First bottle of batch. Didn’t carb. Used a calculator. This is two batches in a row that I’ve used a calculator and turned out flat. Carb drops for the rest with no problems. I guess the “true to style” carbonation isn’t working for meView attachment 689060

1/2tsp white sugar per 12oz bottle - I've been doing this for four or five years.

HB Stout. First bottle of batch. Didn’t carb. Used a calculator. This is two batches in a row that I’ve used a calculator and turned out flat. Carb drops for the rest with no problems. I guess the “true to style” carbonation isn’t working for meView attachment 689060
I’ve had trouble in the past with the calculators and style of beer. Always comes out flat or severely under carbed. Happened twice in the past couple of months. Went back to my old notes and just carb using those for scaling.

I’ve had trouble in the past with the calculators and style of beer. Always comes out flat or severely under carbed. Happened twice in the past couple of months. Went back to my old notes and just carb using those for scaling.
Your capper my not be properly capping the bottles

You sure you grabbed yourself normal sugar and not lactose when you batch primed?
Yep don’t don’t have any lactose in the house.
I used corn sugar. I bottled with it one time successfully but I just scaled to 1 Oz since the kits have 5. I make small batches. For a dry stout Brewers friend said .3 ounces for a 1.5 gallon batch. The other that didn't carb Was a Scottish ale that required less than that.

The wind blew the empty can off the deck railing into the Catone Asters below just as I was ready to take the picture.

Whatever, this is called “Fish On” by Kettlehouse Brewing in Missoula, MT. It’s, apparently, an attempt at a NEIPA by a brewery known for classic, traditional, styles. Described as “A Montana juicy ale” it’s a bit hazy, a bit fruity, and 4.6 ABV. It’s beer.
391816C4-EBE5-422A-A5F4-064E9E32C27A.jpeg

HB Blonde first of batch. Don’t really care for this one. Used 85% MO and 15% wheat. Cascade hops at 15 and flameout. Kveik yeast. Needs some bitterness. I made a pale ale right before this one with 2 row instead of MO and caramel malt with good bittering hops using Kveik. Loved that one
24C72129-5F90-4337-B5F8-4F0733C8B546.jpeg

Back