What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually 550 to county road 12 that goes into Uncompaghre national forest out of Ridgway. When i was a teenager my family would go there and spend two months camped at 9k ft. Land that not twelve souls had touched. I just wanted to see it again. We had to stop at Cow Creek. Not enough 4x4.
Ah... the “million dollar highway”. That’s a pretty drive (and really curvy). Can’t get much farther away from me and still be in Colorado though (complete opposite corner). That part of the state is pretty rugged. My in-laws live in Cedaredge on the south side of the Grand Mesa. I’ve been down that way a couple times. Our family went to the hot springs in Ouray a few years ago and that was fun.

Irish yumminess.
Sláinte
11B4263B-B831-4F0B-ADFA-7E316154EEA4.jpeg

Thanks to Covid-19, my team has been moved to nights, so 1.00am Friday morning is now the start of my weekend. Hurray?

To celebrate, I tapped a keg of CAP, or whatever Gordon Strong says we're supposed to call it now. It's 20 percent corn, cereal mashed, bone dry, and belligerently hopped with Cluster. It is a surly, cruel, and mean spirited beer. It gives NEIPAs wedgies and tea bags anything that's seen the inside of a barrel. Were it given the opportunity, it would call deaf children names. It doesn't like you. It doesn't like me.

But I like it.

Negroni's in the hot shop. Not digging south east Texas at all. But the drinks are good. Pay no attention to the bitters bombing the photo. They were from a previous old fashion, or the next one. I don't know. I've had too little to drink.
View attachment 688761
Love SE Texas but love The Hill Country even more. All my grown kids and grandkids live in the Houston area(Katy, Cypress, Fresno). I miss living in San Antonio. I'd settle for just about anywhere in Texas vs frozen Michigan but my wife hates the heat.

Ah... the “million dollar highway”. That’s a pretty drive (and really curvy). Can’t get much farther away from me and still be in Colorado though (complete opposite corner). That part of the state is pretty rugged. My in-laws live in Cedaredge on the south side of the Grand Mesa. I’ve been down that way a couple times. Our family went to the hot springs in Ouray a few years ago and that was fun.
Was in telluride a few years back, loved it, first time drinking fat tire and forgot where my room was. Spent time in Gunnison too. Beautiful country! Glorious!

Thanks to Covid-19, my team has been moved to nights, so 1.00am Friday morning is now the start of my weekend. Hurray?

To celebrate, I tapped a keg of CAP, or whatever Gordon Strong says we're supposed to call it now. It's 20 percent corn, cereal mashed, bone dry, and belligerently hopped with Cluster. It is a surly, cruel, and mean spirited beer. It gives NEIPAs wedgies and tea bags anything that's seen the inside of a barrel. Were it given the opportunity, it would call deaf children names. It doesn't like you. It doesn't like me.

But I like it.
Sounds like arrogant basterd on roids 🍻

Brew day done. Had a bite to eat, and some homemade peach cobbler (wife was busy while I was brewing). Kicking back now, enjoying another Tavour beer. This one is from Listermann Brewing Company. An 8% dipa featuring Citra, Galaxy, and Lemon drop hops. They callit Yoda Potato Strikes Back. Go figure.

FD80C2F4-04EB-45A1-B365-D934E71BA602.jpeg

Still trying to determine myself if, during COVID19 where the family is all home 24/7, if all my "short" pulls of 4-8oz is actually adding up to me drinking more or less overall lol.

Unlimited refills, no one knows. One inch at a time, how my wife likes it. Wait what...

Next up a Double Pillow from Common Roots Brewing Company in Glen Falls, NY. Another 8% dipa, this one with El Dorado hops. Very good!! Tropical fruit flavor with maybe just a hint of coconut. This one takes me back to a Cayman Islands vacation we took years ago. If I were there now this is the beer I'd want to reach for.

74087C7B-6569-4BE2-BC6A-7BC63BA2D198.jpeg

Back