What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@orionol73 Been cellaring this one for a hot minute (05/19/2017), and it's held up very well!!
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200529142823370_COVER.jpg
IMG_20200529_144826.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200529_144826.jpg
    IMG_20200529_144826.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
View attachment 682682
Lunch beer. HB tripel #28, brewed 3-24-20. This one is my favorite so far. I used Neo-1 hops for bittering.

EDIT: I was trying to hold off 'til 4, but it just hit 111°. RealFeel? 111 f*#@in degrees!
Aerokroil! One of my favorite, secret ingredients. And in the king size can, no less!

Sloop Juice Bomb! Ive had this before and its VERY good. What surprised me the most is that I bought a 6 pack of 12oz cans in a small local craft beer store here in eastern north carolina! I was super surprised to see this here given Sloop is in upstate NY and I didn't know they were distributing beyond the NY area. I asked the manager if they got this on their own or a distributor brought it and she said that "advantage distributing" brought this beer to them and they serve NC, SC, and TN. So since this is one of their staple core beers, Im wondering if Sloop has plans for major distribution. Ive only had a handful of their beers and all are very good. Nelson DDH Bomb was my favorite thus far. Hoping to see more down in NC in the future. I will also add that the canning date was 5/14/20, so its only 15days old from canning date too!
IMG_7043.jpg

Aerokroil! One of my favorite, secret ingredients. And in the king size can, no less!
Yeah, I pulled a ratchet out of the shed this morning that was frozen solid with dehydrated grease. Complete disassembly and cleaning all parts with Aerokroil put things right.
Necessary item in the toolbox.

Sloop Juice Bomb! Ive had this before and its VERY good. What surprised me the most is that I bought a 6 pack of 12oz cans in a small local craft beer store here in eastern north carolina! I was super surprised to see this here given Sloop is in upstate NY and I didn't know they were distributing beyond the NY area. I asked the manager if they got this on their own or a distributor brought it and she said that "advantage distributing" brought this beer to them and they serve NC, SC, and TN. So since this is one of their staple core beers, Im wondering if Sloop has plans for major distribution. Ive only had a handful of their beers and all are very good. Nelson DDH Bomb was my favorite thus far. Hoping to see more down in NC in the future. I will also add that the canning date was 5/14/20, so its only 15days old from canning date too!View attachment 682705
Altho a neighbor state, mass, they've distributed here for a while. Seems like they have a good dist connection.

Altho a neighbor state, mass, they've distributed here for a while. Seems like they have a good dist connection.
Yeah I looked up Advantage Distribution and while they serve only three southern states, they claim to be only a "craft beer and fine wine" distributor. Interesting approach from a distributor. I imagine they are small sized but that allows them to distribute good beers within appropriate timelines too.

https://www.advintagedistributing.com

AHS Clones of Belhaven Scottish Ale and Moreland’s Old Speckled Hen and NBs Irish Red.

Well I scored an old broken kegerator with 10lb and 2.5lb co2 all free.
Grabbed this great new find to start stripping it down

View attachment 682716

was able to pull this gear
View attachment 682717
and then did this trying to get old Gas line off
View attachment 682718
2 hours in the ER to get a butterfly bandage with skin hooks...fml!
Ouch! Reminds me of the time a family member put her finger in the fan blade of my DIY glycol chiller right after I had chilled my blood orange pale ale. Had to improvise to save the beer as she ended up destroying the chiller. We ended up calling it 22 stitches pale ale for reasons that are not hard to imagine. Feel better!

HB Pliny the Younger clone. I’ve had the Elder but not the Younger, so I have nothing to compare it to. All I can say is this is really, really good. Only in the bottle a week so still fresh. Goes well with the air fryer buffalo wings.
View attachment 682797View attachment 682798

Sir, if you don't mind.
Did you do the 4 dry hop version? What method of fermentation? Keg? Carboy? How about transferring and straining the hops? Curious minds what to know. 😄

IMG_20200530_142232.jpg

Sir, if you don't mind.
Did you do the 4 dry hop version? What method of fermentation? Keg? Carboy? How about transferring and straining the hops? Curious minds what to know. 😄

View attachment 682805
I dry hopped day 6, 4, 2 and 1. Fermented in a 5 gallon bucket. Dry hopped in hop bags, but boil hops were just thrown in and then just decanted off when transferring to fermenting bucket. The recipe was not mine, one of those available online.

Back