What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First pic, hope it works
Last bottle of HB Weizen while bottling sth strong for the Winter
Weizen.jpg

i recently saw someone say Dragon's Milk was a gateway stout. I couldn't disagree more. I've had many and Dragon's Milk is still top-shelf.
Great photo.
That was me. To me it was the first barrel aged beer I actually enjoyed and that made me want to seek out more so in that respect, it was a gateway for me.

In addition to that, I can get a 4 pack of dragons milk for less than a single bomber of some of the local stuff around here making it more approachable for people who are new to BA beers.

I do agree though that dragons milk is top notch. Still one of my favorites!

For some reason my wife said "Hell F***ing No!" when asked about a vacation there. I said it was cheep, must be she doesn't like mussels. Enjoy your trip!

OT...in hot tube debating next drink. 6hr of solid sleep in last 3 nights. Probably zonk if I had one right now..

It's actually a lively beautiful city, and very safe if you look at crime statistics. The Crimean peninsula and a couple of the eastern provinces are dangerous right now, but they're far, far from Kiev. Don't let the news stations scare you away from this amazing city.

And up next tomorrow is a tour of Chernobyl and Pripyat...

Yikes! 6 hours in three nights?! I'd be worrying about passing out in the hot tub without a beer!

Last edited:
I can get a 4 pack of dragons milk for less than a single bomber of some of the local stuff around here making it more approachable for people who are new to BA beers.
I do agree though that dragons milk is top notch. Still one of my favorites!
I love that they sell it at Kroger. It's $14 or $17 (don't recall) per 4-pack but I don't mind. I did make an extract clone of it using the NB Dragon's Silk recipe. I have to say, the recipe designers at Northern Brewer did a great job.

And after having a couple at the brew pub, I stopped at a store by my Airbnb apartment. I'm not sure what I ordered, but the cashier said the brewery is "owned by Chernobyl." I think something was lost in translation... Well, it's not glowing anyhow. Lol. It appears to be the Ukrainian version of a crowler.

MVIMG_20191114_200232-4K.jpg

MVIMG_20191114_205020-4K.jpg

It's okay. Not great. Not bad. For $3.50 for two letters, who am I to complain?

It's actually a lively beautiful city, and very safe if you look at crime statistics. The Crimean peninsula and a couple of the eastern provinces are dangerous right now, but they're far, far from Kiev. Don't let the news stations scare you away from this amazing city.

And up next tomorrow is a tour of Chernobyl and Pripyat...

Yikes! 6 hours in the nights?! I'd be worrying about passing out in the hot tub without a beer!
Keep posting your tour!

Can you hook me up with that info/website?
I looked, granted it was many years ago, and I was never led to think it was simply the product off the shelf. I had it in my mind that there was some hidden product somewhere that I couldn't nail down or have.
Edit: Because if you're right, I'm going to have a party, invite 30 people and feature that dog. Apparently, I'll just have to simmer them for some hours first.

Because I was opening beer with Orinol at the time the topic came up...

Enjoy!
https://www.ballparkbrand.com/our-story

Back