What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Four Wheel Drive certainly helps in those conditions. ;)

ive only had FWD cars or RWD drive trucks personaly, the trucks were 4WD but i rarely ever put them in 4WD, even in the snow. and never had a problem with either... good snow tires on a FWD and you are good to go... studed snows make a big difference... drive slow and take your time

water- hate tuesdays

ive only had FWD cars or RWD drive trucks personaly, the trucks were 4WD but i rarely ever put them in 4WD, even in the snow. and never had a problem with either... good snow tires on a FWD and you are good to go... studed snows make a big difference... drive slow and take your time

water- hate tuesdays

Driving slow really is the most important part. I have a FWD car now and can get around just fine in the snow. Its the ******** who try to take a turn at 15-20 MPH like normal that end up in a ditch and wonder why. I do miss my Jeep even though winters arent that bad here. I will probably cave and get another Grand Cherokee here soon anyway. :D

Fun game being played in the office this morning. I bought a 4' tall stuffed bear for my daughter for Valentines day today while on my way into work. I needed to store it somewhere, so I've been placing it on peoples desks. As they come in and stare at it in wonderment on who sent it, I give them the bed room eyes and flirt. Funny stuff watching the reactions lol. Probably won't be funny when I get to sit in with HR. Again.

Less "construction" involved. You only need to add temp control to a freezer. With a fridge, most shelves won't hold the weight of 2 full carboys/buckets. A fridge would definitely be better from a humidity standpoint in the south, since it doesn't create as much condensation.

Cost wise, an Upright Refrigerator that holds 2-3 carboys will also be at least twice the price of a chest freezer. I'll be using the chest freezer in a shed that is insulated and dry-walled, but it won't have constant heat/air unless I'm in there. I'll definitely have to watch the condensation level. Maybe even use towels and swap them every few days.

Coffee & water.

Also, positives for the chest freezers are that the cold stays in when you open the door as it will all fall out when the door is opened, and in my opinion a freezer will probably be better insulated than a refrigerator.

Finished my coffee. I need a nap.

Cost wise, an Upright Refrigerator that holds 2-3 carboys will also be at least twice the price of a chest freezer. I'll be using the chest freezer in a shed that is insulated and dry-walled, but it won't have constant heat/air unless I'm in there. I'll definitely have to watch the condensation level. Maybe even use towels and swap them every few days.

Coffee & water.

Look at DampRid ... easy way to control the moisture and keep mold at bay.

More coffee as my day of endless meetings rolls on...

More coffee as my day of endless meetings rolls on...

Coffee. Getting ready for a long day of meetings as well, including a couple hours with Mexico.

Looks like another day on the mountain is in store for valentine's day and I'm pretty sure my wife is getting me new bindings as well. Just need to find a board now...

This is funking absurd! Please share this with others on social media and also read their awesome letter to red bull linked at the bottom of the page.
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...les-red-bull-in-name-logo-lawsuit-111329.html

I don't know, man. I think red bull has a legitimate case here. Look, completely indistinguishable. Which one's the beer and which one's the energy drink? I have not a clue. ;)View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1423578629.011967.jpg

I stick a towel under the carboys and put some sort of dessicant in there. Works pretty well generally. The blow off from that last batch of Scotch Ale killed my Eva-Dry, though.

Coff.

Toby, I live your posts. I really do. I wish I loved anything like you love beer. But...dude, clean your lens. Everything you post looks like Cybil Shepard's scenes on Moonlighting.

I'm not sure if it's the lens that's dirty as much as the focus/flash combination in that lighting location. I'll endeavor to fix it. ;)

Right now? COFFEEEEEE!!!!! Its my Monday so naturally im exhausted from my weekend of "rest". But I had some nice homebrewed Pale Ale I recently bottled, got to sample a new cider I have in the works, and yesterday finished off the weekend with Pyramids IPL. :ban:

This is funking absurd! Please share this with others on social media and also read their awesome letter to red bull linked at the bottom of the page.
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/02/va-craft-brewery-battles-red-bull-in-name-logo-lawsuit-111329.html

I get companies has a right to protect their trademarks but this make no sense at all. The brewery probably doesnt make it far outside its walls and two completely different markets. Its like Starbucks did to a brewery that was using frappuccino in there beer name now renamed The F-Word. I do not how how that hurts Red Bull in any way and how can they justify it. The judge will just throw that crap out.

I get companies has a right to protect their trademarks but this make no sense at all. The brewery probably doesnt make it far outside its walls and two completely different markets. Its like Starbucks did to a brewery that was using frappuccino in there beer name now renamed The F-Word. I do not how how that hurts Red Bull in any way and how can they justify it. The judge will just throw that crap out.

Its just ridiculous. In no way does the logo look like a bovine and in no way does the word ox make me think of red bull. I hope red bull has to pay for the brewery's litigation plus some.

Its just ridiculous. In no way does the logo look like a bovine and in no way does the word ox make me think of red bull. I hope red bull has to pay for the brewery's litigation plus some.

Honestly when I hear Red Bull I don't even think of a bull. I immediately think about the stupid, MS Paint looking cartoon commercials... then the chalky, disgusting taste of liquid smarties... then cheap vodka.

Thanks. Now I'm angry and I was having such an emotionless day for a change :mad:

Coffee.

It appears they've had problems with red bull from the beginning, starting with their original logo design and slogan.

I cannot figure out how Red Bull can even press forward with a straight face. The only confusing thing about this is the suit. Marking the Ox and the Bull are of the same bovine family and calling that confusing to customers is inane. I am never confused about what I am drinking when it is an energy drink versus beer. I'm not going to order an Ox beer and hope for an energy drink. Red Bull is pushing this little family owned business to the ground. I hope someone comes up to help back Ox and fight back.

I just spent the last 30 minutes typing up a letter to Red Bull about how feckless and unethical this nonsense is. I dont typically get upset with corporate bull**** but this is ridiculous. I really hope you all do what you can to spread the word on this issue to give Old Ox a fighting chance.

Honestly when I hear Red Bull I don't even think of a bull. I immediately think about the stupid, MS Paint looking cartoon commercials... then the chalky, disgusting taste of liquid smarties... then cheap vodka.

Thanks. Now I'm angry and I was having such an emotionless day for a change :mad:

Coffee.

Haha sorry to upset you, I just had to share the issue.

It appears they've had problems with red bull from the beginning, starting with their original logo design and slogan.

Any links to that? Im too lazy to google it. :D

I cannot figure out how Red Bull can even press forward with a straight face. The only confusing thing about this is the suit. Marking the Ox and the Bull are of the same bovine family and calling that confusing to customers is inane. I am never confused about what I am drinking when it is an energy drink versus beer. I'm not going to order an Ox beer and hope for an energy drink. Red Bull is pushing this little family owned business to the ground. I hope someone comes up to help back Ox and fight back.

Keep sharing this story and someone will step up to help. In the letter I wrote to them, I asked if they really thought the American consumer was so stupid that they would confuse Old Ox for Red Bull. Hopefully I get a response from them so I can share with you guys haha.

I'm having a red bull

Pic:View attachment 255391

I can see how one might be confused into thinking they are drinking energy crap instead of beer. :confused:

Got a restful night of sleep last night in anticipation of the bs work that comes along with an audit and everyone begging for documentation...

warriorrage.jpg

Slaying drawings... and coffee.

edit: @finsfan, spreading that red bull**** all over my social media accounts.. will consider writing them as well once I catch up here. Maybe file against red bull for confusing my mom, because we had an orangeish red cow when I was little and it died now she gets sad when she see's their brand.

Got a restful night of sleep last night in anticipation of the bs work that comes along with an audit and everyone begging for documentation...

warriorrage.jpg

Slaying drawings... and coffee.

edit: @finsfan, spreading that red bull**** all over my social media accounts.. will consider writing them as well once I catch up here. Maybe file against red bull for confusing my mom, because we had an orangeish red cow when I was little and it died now she gets sad when she see's their brand.

HAHAHA seems like a lawsuit with a lot of substance to me! :D Thanks for spreading the word. Here is a link to how I contacted them.

http://energydrink-us.redbull.com/general-contact-form

Haha sorry to upset you, I just had to share the issue.

Any links to that? Im too lazy to google it. :D

Keep sharing this story and someone will step up to help. In the letter I wrote to them, I asked if they really thought the American consumer was so stupid that they would confuse Old Ox for Red Bull. Hopefully I get a response from them so I can share with you guys haha.

I can see how one might be confused into thinking they are drinking energy crap instead of beer. :confused:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...burn-brewery-because-an-ox-looks-like-a-bull/

Yep I think what red bull is saying is that, they think they're current and future potential customers are morons, and will confuse any bolvine animal not in appearance but in name... They are trying to claim ownership for an entire species and sub species of animal.. I think it's insulting to the general public as well as small business and more specifically this poor brewery who's just trying to make it day to day.

Back