What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3rd and final pull of the Summer Ale for the night.

20140908_215337.jpg

Doing a little side by side with zombie dust thanks to Patrick!

Mine is cloudy as hell and the carbonation is a bit low, but I did just realize my co2 tank was basically empty and hooked up my spare tank. I'm glad I figured that out today rather than wondering why my beer is flat tomorrow haha

I did a side by side last week when a buddy brought some zd over. Outside of appearance the clone IMHO was as close as it could prob get if not spot on. I was shocked and happy knowing I can make zd anytime I want and it is completely satisfying.

Nice little bottle collection you got there fins I've got nearing 300 lining the walls of my man cave

Thanks man! I was probably close to 300 a week ago but decided to thin the herd. Threw some away but kept most to use for HB, and of course kept my favorites to display.

Last pour with some fooseball!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410230193.095050.jpg

I'm working on my second North Coast Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout, even though I usually drink that sort of stuff in cold weather. Sorry, no pic. :)

I found 4-packs on sale at Bevmo for $7.89, and now I'm wishing I had stocked up; I won't be back that way for a while. But how was I to know it would be the best Russian imperial stout I've had?

I'm working on my second North Coast Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout, even though I usually drink that sort of stuff in cold weather. Sorry, no pic. :)

I found 4-packs on sale at Bevmo for $7.89, and now I'm wishing I had stocked up; I won't be back that way for a while. But how was I to know it would be the best Russian imperial stout I've had?

Damn Troy nice grab I almost bought some today but they wanted like 10 bucks a four pack.

Hb kolschImageUploadedByHome Brew1410235226.077311.jpg

Score. Picked up some in ND on Saturday for $8.49.It is getting cold up here.

Coffee... Half a pot down. Got up really early to get caught up on paperwork. Time to go in and sweat my tail off for a few hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Trying to think if I've tried that one...think I have. Although I'm not one to be giddy over a particular brewery, I don't think I've had anything from Terrapin that I didn't enjoy. Some beers can definitely be hyped beyond their ability to live up to the hype, but that makes the hype inappropriate. It doesn't make the beer bad. Disappointing maybe, but not bad.

Finishing some coffee...about to go grocery shopping. Going to pick up some apples to blend with my crab apples for another batch of cider.

Unfortunately for me, the only Terrapin i have tried was the hopsecutioner and I did NOT like it. Now I am hesitant to try any other terrapin beers.

Unfortunately for me, the only Terrapin i have tried was the hopsecutioner and I did NOT like it. Now I am hesitant to try any other terrapin beers.

Based on your review I don't see me buying it... But... Hopsecutioner is a hell of a name!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'm generally hesitant to buy Terrapin's hoppy beers since they don't date bottles and I've had some that were wayyyyy too old. That said, W-n-B is great, Moo-Hoo & Liquid Bliss are solid and Side Projects have been enjoyable.

I'm generally hesitant to buy Terrapin's hoppy beers since they don't date bottles and I've had some that were wayyyyy too old. That said, W-n-B is great, Moo-Hoo & Liquid Bliss are solid and Side Projects have been enjoyable.

I have to echo the comments here, and I'd put their India Brown Ale fairly close to Dogfish Head's beer of the same style. Can't wait til it comes back this year. Nevermind. Just looked at the website and see that they have since retired that beer and Monk's Revenge, another beer I really enjoyed. Damn it.

Drinking a protein shake.

I have to echo the comments here, and I'd put their India Brown Ale fairly close to Dogfish Head's beer of the same style. Can't wait til it comes back this year. Nevermind. Just looked at the website and see that they have since retired that beer and Monk's Revenge, another beer I really enjoyed. Damn it.

Yeah, they tend to do that...I totally loved their Gamma Ray wheat wine, and they discontinued that one too!

Yeah, they tend to do that...I totally loved their Gamma Ray wheat wine, and they discontinued that one too!

Coff.

Just got back from a quick bottle shop run.

I have heard that their pumpkin beer is good. Haven't tried it yet myself, but I plan to. Don't be afeared!

Having coffee.

Quick pull/swig of Oaked Venus Rye Trap

View attachment 222791
Do you have taps too at home? I need someone like you to clear my kegs faster.

Good or not, it's beautiful. Between you and nukebrewer, your pics are pretty.

Blonde on blonde on blonde on blonde. HB.

View attachment 222807

That is a damn fine looking beer. Seriously.

Water. I think I'm running away.

My wheat ipa after mashing in on my first attempt at a big RIS, 21lbs of grain about maxed out my mlt. Hopefully I hit my preboil gravity of 1.069 and my OG of 1.106 when its all said and done.

Soon, soon.

Water. Great gym sesh.

Our CEO decided to throw a big bash tomorrow at one of our partners' (they are a big alcohol distributor - wine & liquor) office buildings. Not sure if I want to go, being that they'll be tons of alcohol on-hand.

And for your afternoon viewing pleasure: [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL-x9FSvZe8[/ame]

I know you are thanking me in advance. So, you're welcome.

Back