What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinking a Dr. Pepper at work with dinner. This day can't end soon enough.

allenH-can you recommend some good locals to bring home from FL? My parents are going to Orlando at the end of the week and have agreed to be my beer mules :D I know about CC and St. Somewhere. What else should I look for?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402881059.549455.jpg

Night cap probably

750 of my RIS. Prob a bad idea
View attachment 205971

No. Great idea. What could go wrong?

Drinking a Dr. Pepper at work with dinner. This day can't end soon enough.

allenH-can you recommend some good locals to bring home from FL? My parents are going to Orlando at the end of the week and have agreed to be my beer mules :D I know about CC and St. Somewhere. What else should I look for?

Nothing else really hits distro, the vast majority of "cool" breweries here are very small. If they happen to be over in the Tampa area, they could clean house.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402881115.253477.jpg
raspberry/lime berliner while I let my birthday/Father's Day beer warm up.

Let's see started with horney goat watermelon wheat it was ok then the boy went to the grandparents house and since the wife was bar tending at the local vfw decided to pay her a visit, while there had to SN summer fest and one tröegs sunshine pils, then went back to her parents with the boy for dinner with a bomber of
Bear republics vintage 2013 racer x double ipa with beer can chicken French fries and baked beans nice Father's Day and happy Father's Day to te rest of you brew brothers with munchkins

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402882561.641786.jpg
2013 Brandy Barrel Aged Hunahpu. I bought this last year on my birthday and figured I would save it for my birthday this year, which happens to fall on Father's Day. Tons of chocolate and roast followed by brandy sweetness. The only way you can tell it has peppers in it is that your mouth tingles after taking a sip. Absolutely ridiculous.

DC's Brett Saison while wrapping up the boil on mine. You were right about the corkscrew, but it did open with a nice pop. Maybe undercarbed for the style but certainly not flat. Some funk in the aroma, nice fruitiness and a bit tart on the tongue, but also some residual sweetness? Good stuff.

View attachment 205846

Dregs (Brett C) will be going into primary with some WLP565 and planning to secondary with Saint Somewhere dregs (Brett B).

Thanks man. Got another one about to be bottled. This time it will be carbed lol. Use the dregs correctly.

Having this.

Attachments

• 1402882854244.jpg
    1402882854244.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 68
View attachment 205994
2013 Brandy Barrel Aged Hunahpu. I bought this last year on my birthday and figured I would save it for my birthday this year, which happens to fall on Father's Day. Tons of chocolate and roast followed by brandy sweetness. The only way you can tell it has peppers in it is that your mouth tingles after taking a sip. Absolutely ridiculous.

Happy Birthday!

Thoughts on the Enjoy By, I have one in my wine rack, guy at my store said he liked it better than the April version.

It was wonderful. And it was damned close to the hop bomb Citra IPA I brew a half dozen times each year - and that kicks quicker than any other beer I brew...

Cheers!

View attachment 205994

Wow the head on that is crazy dark. Im sure it was unreal delicious.

View attachment 205994

I'm freakin Father's Day hammer fisted. Happy Father's Day and happy birthday my fellow HVAC brethren. :mug:

Well Bless my stepson He bought me a sixer of heinekin. I got to teach him better LOL. As my ex wive would say {Bless his Heart he means well}.;)

One more for the road after a moderately successful brew day. First brew in my new apartment on my new-to-me gas stove , so wasn't sure what to expect, but got what I expected- slightly lower boiloff than what I was getting with my heat sticks. Target was 1.039, hit 1.036 and about 1/3 gallon over volume. Good enough for government work. Just have to adjust my preboil volume for next time.

Unfortunately this bottle's a little skunked.

20140616_000304[1].jpg

Finally home from work enjoying my first beer of the day. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402894306.415202.jpg
Nothing else really hits distro, the vast majority of "cool" breweries here are very small. If they happen to be over in the Tampa area, they could clean house.

Thanks. Hopefully they'll be able to find some goodies.

View attachment 205994

Happy birthday! That looks so delicious!

Coffee & water. Not enough sleep. I was technically the DD yesterday so I was mellow at the brewery. Had so much fun though and brought home a couple smaller growlers.

This! After coming home to a bottle bomb all over my kitchen! !! Had to throw about 10 OF my hazelnut coffee stouts out after trying to purge the bottles. Hopefully I can save the case I have left and cold crash them ;( damn the luck! ! Hope I didn't send ANY of them out to anyone. .. I need a new refractomoter!

Yikes. Why do you need a new refractometer though?

Happy birthday! That looks so delicious!

Coffee & water. Not enough sleep. I was technically the DD yesterday so I was mellow at the brewery. Had so much fun though and brought home a couple smaller growlers.

Yikes. Why do you need a new refractometer though?

I found my hydrometer broken. Didn't check the gravity before I bottled. ..of course I assumed after a month it hit its fg. So I bottled it. I need to replace my hydrometer and get a refractomoter I guess is what I meant to say :) . I honestly don't know what happened. First time I had this problem. ... just another reason I need to start kegging. .. Drinking water. About to pack the cooler and head to the foot golf course

Hit up the Old Burnside Craft Brewer's Festival this weekend. Here was my beer list for the day...

Brasserie St Feuillien Saison
Blue Point Blueberry Ale
Blue Point Summer Ale
Brouwerij Abdij der Trappisten van Westmalle Trappist Tripel
Stone Sprocketbier (Black rye Kolsch)
Stone Collective Distortion IPA
Firefly Hollow Secret Ingredient Stout
New England Brewing Gandhi-Bot
Half Full Toasted Amber
Shebeen Pineapple Wheat
Brouwerij Boon Geuze Mariage Parfait
Half Full Peach Wheat
Bar Damn Good Stout
North Coast Brewing Pranqster
North Coast Brewing Le Merle
North Coast Brewing Brother Thelonious
North Coast Brewing Ruedrich's Red Seal Ale
North Coast Brewing Old Stock Ale
Firefly Hollow White Brick Saison
Firefly Hollow Dire Chinchilla Imperial Ale
Relic Lucretzia
Hartford Better Beer Co Arch Sunshine Ale
Hartford Better Beer Co Arch Amber
Hartford Better Beer Co Praying Mantis
Hartford Better Beer Co Arch IPA Hoppinator
Blue Point Mosaic
Blue Point Hoptical Illusion
Firefly Hollow Cone Flakes IIPA

What a blast that was. After looking at that list again it's no wonder I couldn't drive home after that. Is anyone going to the Brewfest at Ski Sundown this weekend? I'm gonna hit that one up too.

View attachment 205979
raspberry/lime berliner while I let my birthday/Father's Day beer warm up.

I'm in the same boat with someone visiting miami that doesn't mind bringing anything back for me. Anything in that area worth keeping an eye out for?

I'm in the same boat with someone visiting miami that doesn't mind bringing anything back for me. Anything in that area worth keeping an eye out for?

Depending on when they are going, J Wakefield should be open soon. Gravity Brewlab has some good sour/funky stuff and if they are willing to drive about an hour north to Boca Raton, Funky Buddha has some amazing beers.

Murg. Duncan donuts coffee to start the day, and now a post lunch Coke to keep me going. This is definitely a Monday. I knew I didn't want to come into work today. I wish I had listened to my instincts.

Latest posts

Back