What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha! I bet it did. I wish I would've been there to help put em down. :D

I needed help. Was about to wait and share it but u didn't want to wait too long.

Which one stole the show?

Well my favorite was the 3 Floyds because it had more of a malt presence. Surly/ real ale depends on how you like hops. Surly was dank lots of piney hops. Real ale was more citrus type of hops. All good. And paying for it this morning..

Pre-boil sample while my assistant hams it up for the camera

1402153513175.jpg

Water.
Went to a wedding last night at a brew pub. Had a bunch of dipa's, a wheat, a mosaic pale, then pretty much forgot everything thereafter.
Had to get up early for the daughter's t-ball parade. Definitely paying for the fun now.

1402156548139.jpg

1402156562512.jpg

Now giving my failed Pale another shot. No amount if time is going to make this really good but it has mellowed to the point where I'm not dumping it. It is drinkable as an after lawn mower if there's nothing better in the fridge. I'm guessing if I have a couple IPA's before this, it will be fine to my tastes.

EDIT: actually, with the buffalo chicken sandwich I just grilled up, the flaws in the beer are undetectable to my palate. Maybe I've found the fix to astringent beer, not time but proper food pairing.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402160399.937305.jpg

skeeter pee and ice tea - 5.5 gallons of rye saison sitting at 68 degrees and most everything is clean and drying.

Up in VT. Hill farmstead then hit three penny for tree house/Lawson's collaboration yarrrghhhhhh tapping
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402167990.932566.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Another DirtWold and now this ... I think I can survive this party. ;)
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402169041.710329.jpg

The hike earlier was nice as well ... Now if I had that setting with the food, beer & company (adult) from the party; life would be grand!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402169103.750201.jpg

First bottle of my Belgian quad, had been aging since January. The malt flavors are maybe a little muddled, but considering this was my first time creating a recipe of the style, I'm pretty happy with it.

1402169900347.jpg

Another DirtWold and now this ... I think I can survive this party. ;)
View attachment 204314

The hike earlier was nice as well ... Now if I had that setting with the food, beer & company (adult) from the party; life would be grand!
View attachment 204315

I'd be drowning some worms (figuratively...I don't fish with worms).

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

Latest posts

Back