What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399244163.822799.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

My Berliner weisse after an afternoon bike ride. Perfect for refueling!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399246773.387502.jpg

I forgot I had one. Took a look in a box and saw it this morning.

Banesong: is this something I should drink soon or can I sit on for a few more weeks?

It can wait a while longer... Wouldn't wait 6 months though.

Had a radler, abrasive, two hearted and Remmy's simcoe dry hopped (picture). Nice.

1399246857368.jpg

Oh, it's good alright. I was just hoping to bottle tonight so I have to stay halfway functional.

Sent from my iThingy using a series of tubes.

Functioning while bottling? Get outta here haha. That's how the horror stories of "I bottled 2 cases of xxx and then realized I never put in any primer sugar."

Had SWMBO's realtor friends over for dinner. Crushed a few random beers and now onto some nugget nectar.

Functioning while bottling? Get outta here haha. That's how the horror stories of "I bottled 2 cases of xxx and then realized I never put in any primer sugar."

Had SWMBO's realtor friends over for dinner. Crushed a few random beers and now onto some nugget nectar.

I got pretty sloppy on this brew day. I'm lucky the batch got this far without issues, so I would've felt pretty dumb if I screwed it up at bottling time!

Sent from my iThingy using a series of tubes.

Had a Nooner IPA, Daytime Ale, and now this just to eff with my tastebuds and since were into 100deg plus weather
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399254344.862333.jpg

Well while I am waiting for my fridge to be repaired I had a Stone Siason which I might like with different hops and A surprise with A Ballast point Piper down A low hopped beer that had more flavor and was smoother than expected. I might have to look for more of that. Pardon my tipsy typing please.

p

An HB strawberry blonde. I was falling asleep on the couch and the sounds of kids and SWMBO arguing with each other woke me up. So, Imma have a beer.

DSC04641.jpg

This hits the spot after long day of yard work.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399256616.643876.jpg

In other news, spotted all 3 of my hop plants poking through the mulch today.

And packing up the bottles in the background for a long over due trade / MAW grant.

Thanks! The flavors have definately come a long way in a week. Its nice how the hibiscus and Nelson just meld in one sour, bitter, touch of sweet flavor.
The color just looks so inviting. I can imagine it being nice and refreshing.
I might have to experiment with hibiscus. It's a nice flavor, I just haven't used it in beer.

The color just looks so inviting. I can imagine it being nice and refreshing.
I might have to experiment with hibiscus. It's a nice flavor, I just haven't used it in beer.

Ive thought about other beers but I definately think using it in a saison is a great jumping off point.

German IPA II. So good and crisp. Kolsh yeast german this german that. It works! In a more session way, wish I had went bigger but of the 3 I did I was pretty modest with the abv, that it is in extra- pale ale territory. Now that I think about it these ipa's I did remind me of a pilsner almost but better. Maybe I don't understand kolsh yeast enough yet, but I know I like it! I really liked brewing with the all or mostly german ingredients though but its a challenge to make an ipa. Next time I will go bigger on it to get some truer identity. Outstanding malts though. Oh and that beer is a pic that is my first nephew which you cant really see who is just graduating this year, wow I was just looking at his baby pics the other day, there went 18 years. Just noticed that. Hope he isn't as careless as I was at his age, well making honor society and going to a university,I guess he did better than me so far.

IMG_20140504_221615460_HDR.jpg

Back