What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oliver-watermelon mead. Not overly watermellon or much at all, more of a light mellon-strawberry than watermellon really-no complaints its not a cloying sweet cough mediciney watermellon jolly rancher- I was expecting. Too drinkable for 12%-even winecooler like besides a mild rich sweetness. Somewhat of a fruit balance with the light honey. Easy drinking and would make some kind a popular mixer for people that like those for shure. Still like their plain mead the best.

Before
IMG_0719.jpg

After
IMG_0720.jpg

Rotated 3 times, finally said screw it and just posted sideways:mad:

finsfan said:
I hope anime on bottles isnt the new trend, I do not approve.

Yea me neither it actually had me thinking that beer was going to be crap but just went to show can't judge a beer by the label lol

2nd Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA (16oz can). Love this stuff. For 6 bucks for a 4 pack of cans, its hard to beat.

I have a soft spot for all SN brews. Living in Chico right after high school SN Pale Ale was the first real craft beer I was introduced to. I like Torpedo alot...just wish they would double the amount of Citra they put in it.

Dave1096 said:
I have a soft spot for all SN brews. Living in Chico right after high school SN Pale Ale was the first real craft beer I was introduced to. I like Torpedo alot...just wish they would double the amount of Citra they put in it.

Then it wouldnt be torpedo anymore. :drunk:

Dave1096 said:
Wanted to try Dirt Wolf today. Stopped at Whole Foods in Plymouth Meeting on my way home to buy a 4-pack of Dirt Wolf. Saw Enjoy By 11.12.13 behind the counter. Decided Dirt Wolf will have to wait...but it is on my short list.
It gets my recommendation. I had a few each of Ennoy By 4/1 and 5/17 and I'd put Dirt Wolf right up w those.

Thinking about number six. Maybe tomorrow...

It gets my recommendation.

I had a few each of Ennoy By 4/1 and 5/17 and I'd put Dirt Wolf right up w either of those.

Damn, now I have to try it. You're the second person on here in as many nights to tell me how good Dirt Wolf is.

I'm brewing Friday...I'll make sure to pick some up for that.

I agree. I remember when I was younger, I couldnt stand Sierra Pale. I used to think it was terrible. So bitter. But I was used to drinking Zima and Bartles & James that I stole from my folks haha.

Soon after I learned to appreciate what a "beer" was, and it wasn't Coors Light or Budweiser. I now think that Sierra Pale is a "weak" beer for me. Since I love hops so much. I still love to drink it, and I find it to be a great gateway to a world of hoppy goodness. It was the key for me to a world of great beer.

SFGiantsFan925 said:
I am only allowing myself 2 of the 4 pack that I got in a trade. Aging the other 2. This is like my crack.
is that impossible to get where you're at?

The Pacific coast train would be a good one, or a cross country (especially one that goes through the Rockies.)

Unfortunately here in the northeast, the train doesn't travel through very scenic areas :)

The Pacific coast train would be a good one, or a cross country (especially one that goes through the Rockies.)

Unfortunately here in the northeast, the train doesn't travel through very scenic areas :)

It does however travel through some septic areas. :D

Holy cow, I've had the drunks this week! :drunk: Drinking some water so I can go back to sleep and not wake up hungover, as I'm still rocking last night's buzz this morning.

I wouldn't say they were westy quality, but those wedge xii's last night were crazy good, not to mention $4 a pour! I probably could have done without the two saison bretts before the mrs drove us home, but I do vaguely recall enjoying harassing the ginger bartender. :cross:

TNGabe said:
It does however travel through some septic areas. :D Holy cow, I've had the drunks this week! :drunk: Drinking some water so I can go back to sleep and not wake up hungover, as I'm still rocking last night's buzz this morning. I wouldn't say they were westy quality, but those wedge xii's last night were crazy good, not to mention $4 a pour! I probably could have done without the two saison bretts before the mrs drove us home, but I do vaguely recall enjoying harassing the ginger bartender. :cross:

I was thinking armpit, but septic is appropriate as well! Extra water is always a good thing!

Melana said:
Trying to drink nasty motel coffee.

I've gotten to the point where I just get a soda for caffeine because I just can't take the coffee.

Coff. ****ty day here in the Northeast. I started brewing 30 min. ago.

Also on the coff. Having a $hitty morning. Can't wait for the weekend so I can brew my Gandhi-bot clone. The anticipation of that being ready will keep me going for a while.

The coff too and water at work waiting to take down a test. Need to start planning my next brew for next weekend. I'm going to brew a sour stout and also need to bottle my brett saison soon and get another one on that cake. Why are floor corkers so expensive..

Coffee over in the North having a awesome morning so I'm sorry for all that had their Wheaties pissed in on this fine cool morning :rockin:

I've had a couple of cups of coffee and realized I need to hit the water. I've been lacking in how much water I drink because it's been colder.

If he's in Cali yeah, I don't think Founders distributes there
Ah! I'm from So. Cal. and honestly, my beer drinking has only increased in the last 4.5 years since I moved to the east coast. I am sure it has a lot to do with beer being more conveniently located. I've also developed a huge appreciation for craft beers. It's not all bad but I bet the boys at the ABC store miss me and my handle of rum purchase every couple of weeks. :D
Trying to drink nasty motel coffee.
My condolences.
Fwiw it was lobby coffee
My continued condolences.

Coff. ****ty day here in the Northeast. I started brewing 30 min. ago.
YAY! Brew day! I can't wait until Saturday!

Oh and I saw this online today. http://www.businessinsider.com/befo...d-their-living-room-into-a-sports-bar-2013-10
It's a great idea actually. Here I've been thinking about space for a bar and this great idea puts it right in the room I spend most of my time in!

Also on the coff. Having a $hitty morning. Can't wait for the weekend so I can brew my Gandhi-bot clone. The anticipation of that being ready will keep me going for a while.

Hey, nuke. What type of yeast are you using for it?

Latest posts

Back