What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally have New Belgium available in Michigan. Had the Ranger IPA, now looking at the Tripple... Fairly good beer for sure. You always expect more from a brewery that you could not get...

davekippen said:
Finally have New Belgium available in Michigan. Had the Ranger IPA, now looking at the Tripple... Fairly good beer for sure. You always expect more from a brewery that you could not get...

Meh, I've always been able to get New Belgium and I've always felt their beers are pretty overrated.

Had an 04 arrogant bastard yesterday, and an 07/06? today, the 04 was hardly bitter, but honestly they both aged very well. I was given access to a beer fridge of someone who sold their house by the new owners during a cleanout, had an 03 Firestone DBA, which made me wish new DBA was still that good.
There was also an old snake dog IPA from Flying Dog, that was pretty much left to alcohol and watered down LME.

CCC Pilsner. Extract pilsner ale almost 2 yrs old and still awesome. Used Belgian Cascades (low aau)and chinnook for bittering,and chinook centennial for aroma and flavoring. Nottingham low 60's temp and I used 2.4 oz corn sugar to bottle for 1.6 gallons- way too much but still a great beer. I recommend like 1.5 oz for a 1.6 or 1/3 of a 5 gallon batch. 2# of pilsner extract and I also did use some dme and a small amount of dextrose as well. Wich would equal only 3/4 pound(dme/dextrose) for a 5 gallon batch. 1.052-1.009. Distilled and filtered water.

This is a great pilsner. Im going to want to make it again.I used NB pilsner lme. very clean citrusy pilsner sweetness with some peach mango mild fruit tones from hops. I used .75 oz total hops. So for a 5 gallon batch would be a little over 2 oz total hops.

Ommegang Three Philosophers. Yum! Watching Oregon vs Arizona after brewing a Pumking clone.

image-1625677885.jpg

Started off with a Firestone Reserve Porter, then on to my own Dark Side Vanillla Porter, and finished off with a 2008 Goose Island Bourbon County Stout.

Now THAT'S good drinkin' :mug:

Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout. I think this is one of the best beers I have ever had.

One of my faves from one of my favorite breweries. That stout and SNPA were the beers that got me hooked on craft back in the day. :mug:

thumb1_hpim0622-52739.jpg
You can see a Sam'l Smith's collage I made on the right of this photo. Sits above the drinking table pictured below.
HPIM1050.jpg
She's drinking merlot, I'm drinkin' a beer. Funny, cuz she threw a batch of merlot together today while I brewed a pumpkin ale.

NordeastBrewer77 said:
One of my faves from one of my favorite breweries. That stout and SNPA were the beers that got me hooked on craft back in the day. :mug:

Taddy Porter was one of those beers for me back in '88 or '89. Damn I'm old.

Taddy Porter was one of those beers for me back in '88 or '89. Damn I'm old.

It's but a number, man.... Taddy Porter's another great one, pretty much everything from those guys is great. I love the Stingo with a good, full bodied cigar, it's kind of a comfort beer. The Imperial Stout too, that beer's ridiculously delicious. :mug:

Sampling all the kegs in my lager chamber because I can't remember what's what...

I know you'd think I'd label them, but my system isn't all bad.

Sierra Navada 30th anniversary (barly wine) after coming home from my micro pub, whew all these ABV'ers got me feeling good. Took this bottle home from the beer-to-go list. Prost!

PS is barley wine normaly this dark? Iv only had 1 other BW about 4 years ago with the SN 2007 bigfoot, don't remeber pouring in a glass tho. Drunk. (ipod app)

image-733020173.jpg

image-2706136452.jpg

Sierra Navada 30th anniversary (barly wine) after coming home from my micro pub, whew all these ABV'ers got me feeling good. Took this bottle home from the beer-to-go list. Prost!

PS is barley wine normaly this dark? Iv only had 1 other BW about 4 years ago with the SN 2007 bigfoot, don't remeber pouring in a glass tho. Drunk. (ipod app)

BWs aren't typically that dark. I've only had one that was kind of dark, every other one has been deep amber or auburn.

But as for me, I'm enjoying a Ballast Point Sculpin IPA. I kept seeing it in the store, but kept getting distracted by other beers that I'd heard about. Someone recently asked me to pick it up for trade, so I picked myself up a bomber as well. This is a really good IPA. I'm kind of bummed that I haven't tried it until now.

Hoegaarden. Bought a sixer for the first time in maybe 8 years. I had it once or twice before, hated it, and later determined it was probably a bad or very old batch, and figured it was high time I tried it again. Pleasantly surprised. And now I'm pretty sure it was either bad or mishandled last time around, cause it doesn't taste anything similar.

All from scratch and this is last years first all grain pumpkin ale, its clear (unlike my camera) and lighter than shown its like a copper orange Its O.K/-good. Wont be using the T-58 again either .I know next time Ill be using these farmers market pie pumpkins to make my next one also. Best pie yet. Its worth the roasting/pureeing.Freezing the rest of the leftover pumpkin for Pumpkin smoothies-this and the pie is in high demand in this family.

Supper:

0923021908.jpg

Back