What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
48b4da34.jpg

Picked this up on a whim tonight. Seen it a few times and have passed. Glad I pulled the trigger as it is damn good.

Anchor humming ale,
piggly wiggly pig swig ale (contracted from Thomas Creek here in SC), and
newcastle winter ipa.

Humming is intersting, bit of a funky flavor
I haven't had a bad beer out of thomas creek
newcastle is a very british IPA nothing like an american ipa can still taste the malt.

I thought you kegged most of yours. Have you gelled it? That worked for me for my last one that wouldn't clear. used gel finnings from home brew shop, but have been wanting to try knox gelatin from grocery store.

My friend and I are comparing our browns tonight. I dropped by his place earlier and he's about to swing by my place before our small group. Similar recipes, but amazing how different. Notty really dried his out.

4% homebrew blonde with a dose of local honey and my centennial and galena from harvest. Only a week in the keg without the jello treatment so not entirely clear yet.

image-815640924.jpg

My current supply of homebrew is currently all in the fermenter so I'm going comercial - New Belgian Belgo IPA. First time I've had it. Pretty interesting - the aroma is pretty different from what I'm used to in an IPA. Must be the Belgian yeast they mention on the bottle.

Big Boss (Raleigh NC) Aces and Ates - pitch black, caramel and coffee. 8%. Great. Served at fullsteam.

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

image-1317050373.jpg

SN Celebration 2011... This is a great winter brew. Plus Bells Christmas Ale is in my rotation, Centennial Ipa Founders also.

Painty said:
SN Celebration 2011... This is a great winter brew. Plus Bells Christmas Ale is in my rotation, Centennial Ipa Founders also.

I love this years Celebration as always. In this months BYO was a Sierra advertisement for a Rye IPa. I am doing a pre- release clone of it based on there usual hope and grain choices. How is the Founders Centennial IPA? I checked that out at the bottle shop but opted for $40 bucks worth of other stuff.

Schell's Schmaltz's Alt.... First time trying this one, been trying every alt I can find, and this was next on the list. Nice beer, smooth and drinkable with a nice bitterness to balance it out. One of the better alts so far, and one of the better offerings from Schell's, IMO.

I agree Ive liked most of schells,they have a good rauchbeer also.
Having me a Mikkeller single hop Nugget IPA.My last of my 12 mixed single hop series :( actually only had 9 different types and a few doubles. Out of the 9 i did try Nugget and Galena were my favorite.

The last of my Hoppy Belgian Blonde. Also packed up two bottles for the 2012 Winter Chicago home brew competition. 16E wish me luck lol :)

Back