What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. A co-worker was given a 6-pack and brought a couple in for me. Can't beat free. My first time drinking it, and it's rather tasty.

AUEnder said:
Old Rasputin

Tonight I had:
PBR :)
Sweetwater Festive Ale

Coming up:
My Porter

My porter is up there with the Old Rasputin! It's over a year old at this point and doing mighty fine. Hope it's not just the booze fooling around with me.

Epic barrel aged ipa. pricey but very-worth checking out. Havent had a two hearted in some time but this somewhat from clouded memory of one,may be somewhat similar in a good way.Put a lagunitas and that together maybe.
Epic armegeddon remided me of lagunitas great hoppy aroma/taste.Thats a west coast ipa inspired NZ ipa.Good stuff.

Watching Bearkat basketball and drinking an Independance Imperial Oatmeal Stout.. tasty indeed!

Epic barrel aged ipa. pricey but very-worth checking out. Havent had a two hearted in some time but this somewhat from clouded memory of one,may be somewhat similar in a good way.Put a lagunitas and that together maybe.
Epic armegeddon remided me of lagunitas great hoppy aroma/taste.Thats a west coast ipa inspired NZ ipa.Good stuff.

Had a bottle of the barrel aged a couple nights ago, was really worth the price. Here in Wellywood it's about $12 NZD, or about $9 USD. What's it cost where you are?

Had a bottle of the barrel aged a couple nights ago, was really worth the price. Here in Wellywood it's about $12 NZD, or about $9 USD. What's it cost where you are?

10$ us. I guess its not transportation cost then.For a pint thats about the most expensive pint ive ever purchased though, but i really respect those NZ hops particualy the organic variety. Not saying NZ hops were used in the west coast inspired beer for shure.Plus i really respect the worker at the small beer store that recommended me it as he guided me to some other really good ones.:mug: Havnt seen alot of NZ beers available though.Just know they have great hops.

Belhaven Twisted Thistle. Tasty, unique, and visually attractive.

ForumRunner_20111201_211507.jpg

A New Belgium Snow Day followed by Thunderstruck. It was Bootlegger earlier. I mixed it a while back. It's Knob Creek, SoCo, and tequila. I think it was Jose Cuervo Black.

GilaMinumBeer said:
A year secondaried Berliner Weisse.

Fantastic with or without Sirap.

Why so long? Did you use brett or something? I have this on my list. I will probably just sour mash tho.

10$ us. I guess its not transportation cost then.For a pint thats about the most expensive pint ive ever purchased though, but i really respect those NZ hops particualy the organic variety. Not saying NZ hops were used in the west coast inspired beer for shure.Plus i really respect the worker at the small beer store that recommended me it as he guided me to some other really good ones.:mug: Havnt seen alot of NZ beers available though.Just know they have great hops.

We've been here for about 4 months now, the NZ hops are quite unique (& Awesome). If you can find it, some of my personal fav NZ pales with strong NZ hop character are 8Wired HopWired and Renaissance MPA. Lot of other options here, but I think those are probably distributed to the US.

I think you're right, the Epic Armageddon (and it's barrel aged cousin) is either largely or entirely US grown hop varieties, don't remember which ones.

Belgian Dubbel. I converted the Northern Brewer extract recipe to a partial mash. It came out great. Very rich malty taste. I have to work on these slowly, I think it will get much better with a couple of months of age.

My irish blonde after 9 months, using a nylon cover over the autosiphon bubbles in the tube over half of it racking,thought i oxidize,nope still very good . Used some (sorta noticed sulfer) water thought it would have boiled off, but im picking a little up just barely.
Pumpkin with T-58 ,i think it would have been better with some other dry yeast.Not caring for that yeast.

My california uncommon. finally! I like it after 3 months, extract and parital also fininshed low 1.005with s-23 @ 68ish, had off taste previously had a filmy white layer on top thought it was infected, racked anyway. I carbed fairly high but no gushers no overcarbonation and a nice clean light malty beer. Wtf? Im enjoying this more than a urthel hop-it, which this was sorta hop-less or old.
I just think im back on the homebrews, ive never tasted anything like some of my homebrews.When i dump the rest of an expensive beer,but drink mine it makes me feel a little good. By the way i used NB Organic LME + Organic Gambrinous pilsner malt +Organic Great Western malt. Recipe from Homebrewers recipe guide.Subbed hops.Not really shure how it finished that low with s-23 mashing at 150 ish, i just think i femented too high and got some offishness at first which finally subsided.
I know im rambiling but also am trying to note some experience here as i see them develope.This could have been someones dumper,i was paranoid about mold and infection.Im drinking an excellent beer now.

HokieBrewer said:
Very underrated NC brewery.

The black ipa was on tap at bonefish grill (?) in south point mall about a week ago. Really great. I picked up a bottle of that and the "death by hops" at sams quick shop. Can't wait to try them.

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

Just finished my attempt at BierMuncher's Cream of 3 crops that came out tasting like apfelwien.

My own Red Leaf Autumn Ale (India Red Ale) and my own Sorta Porta (Porter brewed with Special B and Carafa II). Gooooood!

Just finished one of my homebrews, a recipe from the LHBS for a "Mirror Pond Clone". But I used fresh hops for the last addition. Its far from a real clone, but it was tasty!

Now just poured a Sam Adams Griffin's Bow Barleywine. My first barleywine actually. It's not bad. The hops taste very.. separate.. from the rest.

I would try Sierra Nevada's barleywine. Dont hate a barleywine because of SA. I just think their beer is not a good interpetation of alot of good beer,just my opinion but speaking of someone who hasnt tried all SA too.But tried hundreds of others .
Im not a big barleywine fan with not much expericence with them , either way im just saying let them warm some and try a bunch.

Back