What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Southern Tier 2XIPA in the glass and a northern brewers Houblonmonstre Tripel IPA chilling off.

Southern Tier has really been knocking my socks off lately. Great stuff.

I have a Southern Tier 2XIPA in the glass and a northern brewers Houblonmonstre Tripel IPA chilling off.

Southern Tier has really been knocking my socks off lately. Great stuff.

I agree. Just finished off a bomber of Souther Tier Creme Brulee Imperial Milk Stout and it was one fantastic beer. One of the best sweet stouts I ever had. The smell alone was worth the price. Going to try and get my hands on thier Mokah and Jahva stouts as well. :mug:

Now... onto some Stone Ruination! :D

Out of Lagunitas "Sucks". Starting on Deschutes Brewery "Hop Trip".

ForumRunner_20111105_212047.jpg

Started with Widmer bro's drifter pale ale (last one)
then to SN pale ale and now Lagunitas Little Sumpin
gettin there....

My attempt at Rochefort. It's decent, I think some of my aging bottles have oxidized. Luckily it's sherry and not cardboard lol.

Drank the hydrometer sample from my Burton ale. It'll be 6.8% when primed. Drinking the last Yuengling traditional lager now.

Beezy said:
My own dunkelweizen. It came out great.

What did you add for colour / flavour? Munich? German cara malts?

I've made one recently and used crystal and a touch of chocolate (its what I had on hand, don't judge me!). Now it's clearing in bottles and it looks like it's pretty good on the colour, maybe a tiny bit more red than it was supposed to be, but not bad all things considered.

ChillWill said:
What did you add for colour / flavour? Munich? German cara malts?

I've made one recently and used crystal and a touch of chocolate (its what I had on hand, don't judge me!). Now it's clearing in bottles and it looks like it's pretty good on the colour, maybe a tiny bit more red than it was supposed to be, but not bad all things considered.

Heheh I used Belgian Pils in mine but the ends justify the means. I used honey malt and chocolate wheat. BTW you don't want a dunkelweizen to clear. I bottled after 2 weeks. Anyway mine came out as dark as a porter.

It was crazy hazy when i bottled! So glad to see it clear, there is a tonne of sediment in the bottles which'll probably end up in my belly. Will be interesting to see if it's better clear or with the yeast (the normal hefe I did before this was better with the yeast obviously).

Garrison Imperial IPA. 7%, 50-ish IBUs, delicious! A great Halifax brewery. Great accompaniment to an evening of philosophy!

image-3076346133.jpg

mikebowman said:
Garrison Imperial IPA. 7%, 50-ish IBUs, delicious! A great Halifax brewery. Great accompaniment to an evening of philosophy!

Dude, 7% and 50IBUs is not an Imperial IPA, its a IPA.

Drinking a Homebrew Cream Ale made with English yeast.

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G using Home Brew Talk

After some woodchuck ciders(kinda inspired to brew one now) ,millstream oktoberfest,capital brewery pale ale,schells snowstorm,all very decent.

Latest posts

Back