What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a few amazing beers tonight. I always make sure to visit Brick Store Pub in Decatur when I'm home for the holidays, and it didn't disappoint. I had the following.

1. Rodenbach Vintage 2008 (draft), which is an oak aged, sour Grand Cru. Amazing.
2. Sweetwater Border Hopper (draft), delicious as well, an Imperial IPA brewed with Citra hops.
3. Petrus Aged Pale (bottled), another sour beer, very good.
4. Terrapin Moo-Moo (draft), a chocolate milk stout that was very nice.

Overall, a great evening of beer drinking. Also, since the Belgian sours were served in small glasses, I was stumbling home by the end of the evening.

Terrapin moo hoo. Really liking this stuff. Will be switching to Cigar City Jai Alai soon.

Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale

There's a lot of that going on today :mug:

IMG_22263.jpg

Flying Dog Double Dog Double Pale Ale.

Yowzas! NIce hop aroma, smooth with little to no alcohol bite, they really sneak up on you. In fact I had no idea they were so big until I was 3/4 through mu first one and felt my lips getting tingley. I looked at the label a little more closely and found out why. :drunk:

A mini keg (5L) of Hofbrau Oktoberfest. It's weird, I love this beer. It's great stuff. And I know it's listed as a commercial example of the style (at least I'm pretty sure I remember seeing it as one). But I like mine better. I Say mine, but really it's Edwort's Oktoberfest Ale, but I made it, and I like it better than Hofbrau's. Is that blasphemous?

Did a little sampling with a friend. DFH 90 minute, bells 25th anniversary and DFH bitches brew. All very good, although the bells was a bit too sweet, almost candy-like.

aQYLGl.jpg

St Arnolds Christmas ale. Pretty good. I am into the fifth one.

The DFH I am getting a gift collection for Christmas. Son in law couldn't keep quiet.

Back