What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Irish Coffee

1000001953.jpg

1000001920.jpg

A couple of sixers to bring to my brother in law's for the game. $36 and change. I could only smile. I'm old enough to remember going to the distributor to buy beer because it was cheaper there. I'd get a keg for less than I spent today. Of course, that was 45 years ago and it was a keg of Bud! Enjoy the festivities. Cheers.

For the price, that’s a nice one. I miss Concha y Toro wines, though.

I'll look for those next time at the store. I'm not much of a wine geek, so I'm always looking for suggestions.

I picked that one -- and the one we had yesterday -- based on user reviews at Total Wine. And my limit of $20. That's about my point of diminishing returns for wines. ;)

I see Cocha y Toro is well within my price point.

Batch 194, brewed 12/17/23, 10+ gallon batch;

20 # Bestmalz "nul lox'' pilsner.

Fw, 1.2 oz N Brewer

30 min boil, 1 oz Spatz

34/70 from previous brew

Set temp to max temp 54F, temp declines to around 50F,

Got to work on my photography skills, 'cause brew is crystal clear and light amber in color. [;

Brew log pictured on left.

IMG_0407.JPG

I'm sure you meant "When I have the pleasure of being in Bama...."😉 If you're ever in the Birmingham area let me know and I'll treat you to some great local beers! Based on your posts I'm sure I'd enjoy the conversation.
I'm from Mobile, and a year at Birmingham Southern was enough to make me move west. But I will say I was the only member of Free the Hops in New Mexico. My wife and I were at Magic City festival in 2009 when big bottles and strong beer were first allowed. While all the natives were flocking to the booths selling the newly available beers we avoided the long lines by enjoying the fine local, 5.5% abv beers.

No way. Ricard, a French pastis. A classic French aperitif(appetizer drink). I'm about to go to France and I need to be ready.

If you're going down to the Cote d'Azur, there's a neat little absinthe museum in Antibes. They serve up several absinthes at their bar in the cellar.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back