What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-05 at 10.56.17 PM (1).jpeg

totally in love with Dutch bros these days better in taste and less costly than Starbucks

Trying a hydro sample of the Kolsch I brewed last week. It's hit terminal gravity, but I'll keep it in the FV another week before bottling. Tastes great, no off-flavors (I drank the whole sample). Went from 1.051 to 1.006, so 88% attenuation and 6%. I had mashed at 147F.

Picked up a growler of the new Grodziskie I helped brew at Forgotten Star. They just released it today. More deets here.

KolschSample.jpg

GrowlerSmokestackLightning.jpg

That’s it – there it is again! – That fragrant and intriguing Banana ester to enjoy, right up to the point this hits your lips and then there is that clove again. Well, this Weißbier by Wildbräu Grafing could even make a believer out of me… Not bad! This style could grow on you, especially when executed as well as the brewers at Wildbräu have. Since 1060 no less.

1060 – It really is amazing we can look this stuff up. Let’s see what else was going on during 1060: Summer – Norman forces under Duke Robert Guiscard invade Apulia, and capture the cities of Taranto and Brindisi (under control of the Byzantine Empire). Guiscard prepares a Sicilian expedition against the Saracens and returns to Calabria (Southern Italy), where his brother Roger Bosso waits with siege engines. Boy I love Wiki!

So if those Norman forces had headed towards München instead of wasting time in Taranto and Brindisi, they could be wetting their whistles and kicking back with some of this prime Wheat Beer from Wildbräu!

Grandauer Weisßbier comes in at 5.1% ABV, produced by Wildbräu Grafing GmbH, Grafing bei München, Germany. Medium to medium-low carbonation, minimal head and zero lacing. I can’t believe I’m saying this about a Weißbier, but great beer! Prost!

IMG_6210.jpeg

Last edited:
Decemberfest 2023 continues, Day 14. Today’s brew is a delicious Hell Lagerbier produced by Privatebrauerei Schnitzlbaumer GmbH, Traunstein, Germany.

Schnitzelbaumer Hell is a totally balanced, traditional Helles beer. Color is right on, body is there, even leaves behind nice lacing, but low head. 5.0% ABV, great and traditional flavor, this is how Helles beers are supposed to taste.

I am a bit confused by the words on the can – “Brewed in Traunstein – The City of Beer”. I guess there are a lot of Cities of Beer out there. Munich? Milwaukee? St. Louis? San Diego? TRAUNSTEIN???

Great beer, Schnitzlbaumer Hell is a terrific and accurate rendition of this classic. Prost!

IMG_6212.jpeg
IMG_6214.jpeg

Last edited:
Back