What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoked porter
64DB9FC9-956C-495A-B246-89B0F9870D82.jpeg

IMG_2932.jpeg
Sawdust City’s Jucin’ NEIPA while in Toronto Canada.
Untappd’s description:
This hazy, hop-forward IPA showcases the softer side of hops, embracing all their juiciest characteristics while lessening their bitterness. Oats soften and smooth the mouthfeel, and we’re using a unique yeast strain that further emphasizes the fruity flavour. The result is a beer that is glowing, hazy, and as succulent as fresh peaches!

Getting ready for the tgiving onslaught. Seriously, not really an onslaught. Just 7 of us, total. MIL here, and my brother & wife driving up from Milwaukee today. Nephew & wife live in town and they're coming over tomorrow.

Have a 16lb bird thawing in the fridge. Spent the morning baking bread--a boule of crusty white bread, one caraway pumpernickel. Yeah, I had to sample each, for quality control.

Made a quick batch of sloppy joes for dinner tonight. Browned ground beef, half and half ketchup and Ken Davis BBQ sauce. A dash of salt and onion powder. Keeping it simple.

View attachment 834539

Starting happy hour early. A glass of the new HB best bitter. Not the right glassware, but want to gather the aroma. These go down way too easily. By the time I finish this post, I'll be pouring another. :D

View attachment 834540

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!!!
Sounds 👍🏾. Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is a great time to remember all we are thankful for. Let’s not forget the great beer we’ve had this year!

Truth is, my wife and I are now empty nesters. All the kids are spread across the country having fun away from Ol’ Mom and Dad. That’s Ok, I don’t have to cook another turkey, and I’m having fun wolfing down the Ultimate Lobster feast without ‘em! Enjoy your Yams, I’m eating crab stuffed Mushrooms, Maine Lobster and Scallops!

Oh yeah, the beer. Just about forgot about that. 20 ouncer, Sam Adams Boston Lager. Always great with my Cheddar Bay biscuits and Butterfly Shrimp.

Hey the Pilgrims had some seafood on Turkey day number 1, so am I. I wouldn’t have shared the Ale though, that’s mine! Cheers

IMG_5908.jpeg
IMG_5909.jpeg

Burnt mead braggot. Pitched on a kveik ESB cake. I think about two years old by now. The oak has mellowed a bit with time, and the orange flavor from the hot kveik ferment is nice with the residual sweetness. It would probably be even better in another couple years, but will be long gone by then. It is a sipper.
IMG_7184.jpeg

Back