What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just back from a week helping babysit our 2 month old grandson. Also bought a couple😉 of beers that I can't get close to home or at the price some of these are. The 2 Erdingers were each less than $9.
IMG_20230930_173055.jpg

OT: HB wheat
IMG_20230930_172752.jpg

Intentionally left the Michigan off on the background :)

Spyglass Reuben described it as a smash burger with sauerkraut. Well came with pastrami and an overload of pickles. A little bit of kraut. Much appreciated.

Some double posts but worth it. Coming back from a ceremony for a teacher that passed. Had him almost 40 years ago in high school. Chain smojer that made it to 82. Back when I had a lot of no direction and plans. He taught college level physics. Tough class but he was a hilarious and patient man. I wouldn't have to pay attention to my college physics classes until IV and V and a lot of my math classes. Went from D's to E = mc2 because of you Mr Wing. I wouldn't be where I am without you. To you and all the patient teachers out there.

Spyglass is engineering themed. Cheers!

Galactic Merger and Moduli StackView attachment 830499View attachment 830500View attachment 830501

A hearty toast to your physics prof! Nice to see people recognize educators for the impact they make. Sounds like an awesome human being. Teachers rock!

Full disclosure: I'm married to a teacher (retired). My mom was, too.

IMG_2310.jpeg
IMG_2311.jpeg
IMG_2314.jpeg
IMG_2315.jpeg
IMG_2312.jpeg
IMG_2313.jpeg
Some cellared beers while I work on framing out a wall in our basement. My wife wants to get a collapsible squat rack so I’m surprising her with getting the wall done tonight while she’s away.
Halfway done and taking a break with Hay. But damn that Russian River Consecration is amazing! I brought two bottles home. One to age with the other bottles I have and one to drink fresh. 🤤
Ugh rinsing my glass wasn’t enough. It looks filthy with Hay in it. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Hickory Square Hazy IPA at Boss City Brewing
@ThirstyPawsHB , you watching the Husker volleyball against Indiana right now?
View attachment 830511
Oh yeah! That was a heck of a match. They went 5 last night and I think they looked drained but still managed a W against Indiana.

On another note, football is stupid..

OT Finishing the DIPA

Sapporo Premium Beer – Hey why not one of Japan's finest to swig with my Sushi – sounds great, then I read the can – Brewed and canned by Sapporo Vietnam Ltd, Duc Lap Ha Commune, Vietnam.

Commune? Vietnam? What the heck is this???? Well, I'm the dinosaur, I guess I just need to adjust to the times. Sapporo Premium is a lot like the other Coors Banquet taste-alike beers I drank earlier this fall. Thankfully, these come in a 22 oz can. This can felt heavy in my hand, that’s a 22 oz MAGNETIC can! Steelworkers Unite!

Since 1878, a regular lager beer, medium carbonation, 5.0 ABV, not much head, a little bit of lacing. A great beer to go along with your Sushi. Or Phở I suppose !!!

IMG_5377.jpeg
IMG_5378.jpeg

Gabriel Sedlmayer the Younger is one of the giants in beer history. His England trip with Anton Dreher brought to Bavaria new concepts in malting which led to the first truly light malts and a change from the smoky brown malts used in the German brewing industry. The year was 1833.

So here we are in 2023. Gabriel’s family brewery, Spaten was and still remains one of the main players in the industry. Wow, his initials are even on the Spaten label to this day.

So why is it I take pause at even opening this beer? You read my mind. Should I open it?

OK, we’ve all had Spaten. Great beer when it is a great beer. This one, after a half-world journey to Merica is a skunker, like I feared. Actually, I’ll rate it as a half-skunker. Sort of like that German beer we all grew up from those green bottles. Had to have that smell and taste otherwise not real imports. ‘Nuff said. Please, brown bottles. DARK brown bottles…!

IMG_5379.jpeg
IMG_5380.jpeg

Last edited:
Had never heard of this Belgian-style wheat ale so decided to give it a try. Turns out it has been named "The World's Best White Beer" on a couple of occasions. I can't attest to that since I haven't tried them all yet but it is very tasty. Definitely get the Belgian characteristics with subtle citrus and coriander, nice body. Very good brew.
IMG_20231001_165934.jpg

Back